Hilton Anaheim {US-CA}

Old Jan 14, 2002, 12:45 pm
W-N
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM..... WN CP & A-List Preferred.... SPG Platinum
Arrow Hilton Anaheim {US-CA}

I am planning to stay at the Hilton Anaheim across from Disneyland. Anyone know what kind of treatment I can expect as a Diamond and good/bad points about the property?

Thank you.
Old Jan 14, 2002, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
It's been 6 months since I've stayed. Decent lounge, decent rooms and great gym. I didn't have to ask for access to the lounge or a room on that floor.

If you're on business, the proximity to Disneyland can be a downside. The kids didn't bother me, since I have 3 at home, but it did make me wish they were with me and we were on vacation.
Old Jan 14, 2002, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Stayed there in September... (GoldVIP) - was refused upgrade, breakfast and lounge access. Did not leave a very favourable impression with me... At least they finally agreed that I should earn full HHonors credit with my stay (booked on hilton.com).
Please note that while I was there, they had some smaller convention going on at the hotel...
Old Jan 14, 2002, 2:58 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"...but it did make me wish they were with me and we were on vacation..."

Yes, I've had the same experience here as well as in MCO (at the Hyatt and others)!

Once, about 10 years ago, I saw a very cute child, about 5 or so, actually fall asleep while holding their parents hands and leaning back on them as the elevator rose to about the 7th floor! It was aorable!

I think the treatment may well depend largely upon whether there is an ongoing meeting/convention at the time you are there or not!

I hope there isn't! Enjoy!
Old Jan 14, 2002, 3:17 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there in early October (empty!) and over Thanksgiving. They gave me lounge access without asking and rooms on the 5th floor (pool/lanai area with HHonors free water and turndown service). They said the lounge floor rooms were reserved for Diamonds (I'm Gold). Even though the lounge was pretty empty both stays, they had plenty of staff and goodies. Great view of the DL fireworks.
Old Jan 14, 2002, 5:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
I went to Disneyland with my 5 nieces last year and stayed at the Doubletree at the Block at Orange. As a Gold at the time, I got really nice service--we had two rooms and got 7 breakfast coupons and pool access. Yes, we did have to take a shuttle to Disney, but the mall was nice place to cruise after a long day at the parks. They also gave the girls a cute backpack.

I would stay there again.

[This message has been edited by chipper (edited 01-14-2002).]
Old Jan 14, 2002, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Stayed there a couple months ago, great property. Take the shuttle to Downtown Disney to dine and look around, it leaves the Hilton every 15 minutes. I took a regular room, did not go for the upgrade, I was eating elswhere any way.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 5:50 am
Suspended

Stayed there Jan 8th. Was given a nice room on the 5th floor and access to the executive lounge. While at the lounge I mentioned it was too bad the executive floor was full (as we were told at check-in) and she said it wasn't and upgraded us after mentioning that I thought Gold members were given rooms if available. It would have been nice to have that done at the beginning but the staff was very good and the room difference not that great and we were staying at a $79 rate so we were very happy.

Bring a copy of the rules and ask at the executive lounge (before unpacking) for room availability if they don't upgrade you at the HHonors desk.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 6:47 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
And if you've never been there, be aware that the HHonors desk / VIP check-in counter is not actually at the registration desk, but is an office style "desk" in the middle of the atrium facing the registration area. It usually is staffed by 1 person, who is sometimes off somewhere in the lobby chatting with someone. If there's no one at the VIP desk, go to the main desk and ask if there's anyone working at VIP. The person usually hears you and returns.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 3:06 pm

I also stayed at the Doubletree at the Block at Orange this month for 4 days. I agree with chipper. The service is good. As a gold, I received a room with an excellent view on the 19th floor. water in the room, the bathrobe on the bed and the radio on with classical music when I arrived. I also received tickets for the buffet breakfast at the restaurant. Even though you have to take the hotel shuttle to go to Disney or rent a car (I used the shuttle) it has a good location because it is beside The Block shopping area which has an AMC, restaurants and stores. I recommend it too.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 5:45 pm

Should I still get Points?

I had a stay last Saturday night at the Anaheim Hilton that never happened. Let me explain. I booked a night online at Hiltons Website last week and received a rate of $95.00. I went to the Hotel on Saturday and checked in at the VIP desk (I am Diamond) at around 1PM. I was told that my room was not ready and to come back after three. All the paperwork was done however at that time and I was told I would just have to show my ID to get access to the room.

I came back after five PM with my two kids in tow. I went to the front desk and was told that there had been a power failure and I would have to go to another Hotel. The power failure was just limited to the Anaheim Hilton but they offered me accomodations at the Hilton at John Wayne Airport some 15 to 20 miles away. They did offer to pay for these accomodations. My children missed the fireworks display at Disney and were dissapointed. The accomodations at John Wayne were equally dissappointing. I have noticed that Hilton Anaheim has charged me for the room, even though I did not stay there. I was informed by the front desk attendent at the John Wayne Hilton that my stay would not earn points because it was direct billed to the Anaheim Hilton. I am hoping to have the charges reversed for my stay at the Anaheim Hilton after all I was never there.

My only question is should I get points for my stay in Anaheim, John Wayne or both. Right now I am getting none. What do you think.

[This message has been edited by cy-gone (edited 02-20-2002).]
Old Feb 20, 2002, 9:51 pm

IMHO, If you paid for a room, you should get the points and stay credit. If you get the charges reversed, you should receive no points, but stay credit for one night.

Chris
Old Apr 30, 2002, 8:53 pm

Advanced Payment Hilton (Anaheim)

I'm a Diamond that has 15 stays this year and books rooms for people I travel with on business. I booked a room at the Anaheim Hilton through the Hiton Diamond Desk for A work associate from the east coast and used my credit card on file to secure the room. The lady on the phone said the room was noncancelable and nonrefundable, to which I agreed. The reservation took place on April 8, and I got my credit card bill April 22 to find that the Anaheim Hilton charged me for the first night (nearly $200). Mind you this room is not for me and my associate will be expensing it, not me, yet I'm now in debt.

So, I call the HH Diamond Desk and they said that the Anaheim Hilton is an "advance payment" Hilton. One night of room rate and taxes is charged to your credit card upon making the reservation. Of course the lady taking my reservation did not tell me this.

Anyway, after about five phone calls the manager of the Anaheim Hilton cancels my reservation and refunds my credit card with an appology for the misunderstanding. She did however tell me that more Hiltons are moving in this direction and that this is not the only one with the "advance payment" policy.

Anyone else ever have this experience? I will not be booking any of my work associates into a Hilton with this policy because I do not like chasing my money.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 8:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKEM:
The lady on the phone said the room was noncancelable and nonrefundable, to which I agreed. </font>
Doesn't noncancelable and nonrefundable mean prepaid?
Old Apr 30, 2002, 9:10 pm

I do not believe it does. If the person does not show up for the reservation the credit card is charged. That has been the case for me in the past when I booked under these terms. Never have I been charged prior to the day of the reservation.

Have you ever had this happen to you?

Non cancelable = you can not cancel
Non Refundable = you can not get a refund
Prepayment = you pay in advance

[This message has been edited by MIKEM (edited 04-30-2002).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.