Park and Fly Rates

Old Jun 22, 2002, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Park and Fly Rates

Anyone know if a Hilton property in San Diego offers a park and fly rate? The LAX Hilton offers a rate that includes 1 night and 7 days of free parking. I'd love to do the same thing at SAN.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 7:40 pm

I don't know about San Diego, but it was my experience in various locations across the country that Park-and-Fly rates are not typically loaded into the inventory that is available for online booking. You may need to contact the hotel directly to find out. Typically, Park-and-Fly rates are very attractive, especially so on weekdays. One trick I always use is to book the property first for a regular rate online (to get an online booking bonus), then call the hotel and ask them to change the rate to the Park-and-Fly one without changing the confirmation number.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 9:34 pm
xyz

award stay and park and fly

HI ALL...I would like to make an award stay the night before a winter vacation. We are 90 miles from major airport. I would like to leave the car at the hotel. If I just make an award stay res will I not be able to leave the car? Sometimes the rates are different for park and fly or just a stay. I am tempted to just make an award res and then assume I can leave the car and deal when I get to the property. Any suggestions? thanks ss
Old Dec 8, 2003, 9:50 pm

The answer to your question depends on the specific property and the way they handle parking. I know at least a couple HH properties that allow free parking (more or less unlimited) if you were a hotel guest for at least one night. At the same time, other properties are much more strict, requiring you to pay park-and-fly rate and charging extra if you park for more than 7 or 14 days. Incidentally, park-and-fly rate may be lower than their regular rates.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The BWI HGI has a nice stay, park and fly rate of about $125 for 14 days of parking. THe Hampton PHL airport has one too. For some strange reason I dont think they are usually listed on their websites. I have used it a couple of times. I have never heard of free stay, park and fly on an award. Where is this possible in the PA, MD or NJ area?

MisterNice
Old Dec 9, 2003, 4:58 pm
xyz

Hi thanks for the replys. We are in Minnesota where public transportation is almost non existant and people drive everywhere so it may be different. thanks again ss
Old Dec 9, 2003, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
The HGI's P'nF rate appears to be its lowest!
Old Dec 10, 2003, 6:47 am

Every Hilton agent I've spoke with said you can't get free parking on an award stay. Probably because the parking alone can be worth a lot (e.g., at DTW eight nights of parking is worth more than $50).
Old Dec 10, 2003, 8:00 am

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterNice:
The BWI HGI has a nice stay, park and fly rate of about $125 for 14 days of parking. THe Hampton PHL airport has one too. For some strange reason I dont think they are usually listed on their websites. I have used it a couple of times. I have never heard of free stay, park and fly on an award. Where is this possible in the PA, MD or NJ area? MisterNice</font>
For what it's worth, I have used free nights twice at the PHL Holiday Inn and was able to use free parking (both times for 14 days). This January we're paying $79, and we'll once again get 14 days of free parking (the parking alone is worth $119 if you were parking at the PHL long-term lot).

[This message has been edited by tudorcity (edited Dec 10, 2003).]
Old Feb 12, 2006, 4:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
SEA TAC Hiltons with park'n'fly rates

Are there any other Seatac area hilton properties with park and fly rates besides the airport Doubletree? I usually drive down to Seatac, stay a night at the Doubletree and then leave my car there while I'm traveling, but their rates seem to have really jumped! So I'm looking for another alternative for my March trip out to Walt Disney World.

GNW
Old Feb 12, 2006, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
You could use the SEA Hampton Inn. It's maybe 1/2 mile south of the DT on Pacific Hwy South, but on the other side of the street. The last time I checked their Park n Jet rate was $109 plus tax and included one night at the hotel plus 7 days of parking.

When I use this rate I book a regular rate online and then call the hotel directly to change it to a Park n Jet rate. You can't get this rate online. Also, they don't do PnJ stays from about May through September or October -- only during the winter. But you should be fine for March as long as they're not already booked up.

Their airport shuttle doesn't run on a regular schedule as the DT one does, but rather runs on demand 24 hours a day. Their breakfast starts earlier than the DT and the place is much more compact (which I like). On the other hand, the parking area has no attendant or gate as the DT does, so you may feel that your car is less protected in some way. I haven't had any problems though after a number of stays at the Hampton.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM, HH Dia
HGI Seattle/Renton

Am in Guangzhou, China right now. Leaving car at Seattle/Renton HGI for 24 days. It's an "at your own risk" thing, but they will let you leave the car there as long as you want provided you book a night's stay. Shuttle to airport is similar to Hampton... on demand.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 6:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by ak11dalton
Am in Guangzhou, China right now. Leaving car at Seattle/Renton HGI for 24 days. It's an "at your own risk" thing, but they will let you leave the car there as long as you want provided you book a night's stay. Shuttle to airport is similar to Hampton... on demand.
Interesting. I asked the HGI last summer and was told that I could only leave my car for 3 days after a stay. Maybe they're more strict in the summer when they're busier.

One note about the HGI: It's a lot further from the airport than the DT or HI so you need to allow more time for transport, especially during rush hour.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM, HH Dia
The property just changed ownership... they were in the process of reacquiring a liquor license. Maybe the new owners are more accomodating for now. YMMV.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 5:33 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
I have used the Park & Fly rate at the Sea-Tac Hilton. I recall that many Sea-Tac Hilton properties offer such an arrangement -- some may be seasonal. If available a Park & Fly rate will appear with any rate inquiry on the Hilton web site.

I would compare the cost of the hotel night with other parking options. It may make more sense to stay at a lower rate at the HI and park at an off site lot like Shuttle Park 2 -- $7.50/night AAA rate. Most of them are right along (or just off) International Blvd. where most of the hotels are.

One other consideration is that, since you may be travelling around a "Spring Break" period, having a confirmed spot (e.g via hotel park & fly) may make sense. Last year, the SB saw a lot of parking lots full.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.