Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Old Oct 12, 2001, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Does anyone have any comments on this Hampton Inn? I would be interested to other FT's experiences with this property.
Old Oct 12, 2001, 6:55 am

The Hampton Inn - Logan Airport is not actually at the airport but about two miles north on Lee Burbank Highway in Revere, MA. I drive by this property a lot but have never stayed there, since I live in BOS. It is fairly new and a clone of other Hampton Inns (from the outside). It backs up to Chelsea Creek, where the big tankers unload. It's in a very industrial/petroleum-based industry area...no views to speak of. To eat a meal (other than breakfast), you'll need transportation. There are several good restaurants in East Boston within a mile from this property and just as many up Route 1 North in the other direction. I have seen a shuttle bus at the front door so they must pick up/drop off at the airport. Don't even think of taking a walk there. The area is not pedestrian-friendly and traffic is heavy.
Old Oct 12, 2001, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I will have a car so I guess I won't spend too much time in the neighborhood. I plan on driving up to Rockport one of the days also. I'll post my review when I return.
Old Oct 12, 2001, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
If you're looking for a HHonors property, I'd suggest the DoubleTree Bayside Boston. It is not that pretty either, but it is near South Boston and some nice beach walks. It does reside next to the Bayside Expo Center with either a view of the parking lot or the bank building across the street, but no oil tanks.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Just returned from my stay.

The Hampton Inn- Logan Airport is several miles down the road from the airport. It is a new property having opened March 2001. Very clean, very nice breakfast area. It had 3 rooms. It does have an airport shuttle.

I didn't receive anything special because I was gold. I used Travelocity to make the reservation. When I went to check out I asked for a receipt. They told to go back to where I made the reservation.

I would stay here again. You are right, not much to see in the neighborhood. But I took a short ride up to Revere Beach.
Old May 5, 2004, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Thumbs up Any updates?

Has anyone stayed at this property recently? It looks like it's available on Priceline for about $33 or so, and I'm evaluating whether I should stay there or pony up another $15+ to stay at the Hyatt...
Old May 5, 2004, 2:13 pm

I've stayed here about half a dozen times so far this year. As a diamond I've been upgraded to a suite 100% of the time, ymmv. The hotel was quite decent, staff was friendly. I'd recommend staying here, especially for a price under $100.
Old May 5, 2004, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Shuttle Question

I'll be there in June for a night (night before an early flight) and won't have a car.. How would I get there from the T? do they have a pick up at the Logan or another T stop? Also does the shuttle take you anywhere locally?

thanks
Old May 5, 2004, 8:48 pm

I never took the shuttle because I always had a car. However, I am fairly certain that the hotel has a shuttle to the airport. From the airport you can catch the T (the Blue Line) into Boston.
Old May 6, 2004, 8:01 am

Programs: SWA CP, UA former 1K, HH Diamond
Your request for an update

I think $33 in Boston is a steal. That is a good value! The property has a nice fitness center, high speed internet, and the staff was great. The only drawback is the surrounding area, it is surrounded by industry, warehouses, shipping concerns. The closest food was a mile north and you can't turn left to get there.
Old May 6, 2004, 9:12 pm
Suspended

As stated before, it's in Revere and not subject to Boston city taxes. I recommend taking the T to Airport station, hopping on the Route 22 free Massport bus, call the hotel from a courtesy phone inside the airport and have their shuttle pick you up.

$33 is a great rate. The poster said Travelocity. Sounds more like a Priceline rate. Hilton Airport should be $49, but it won't be.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Nov 2007

Anyone stayed here recently? I am looking for an inexpensive 7 hour transit.

Also, does it still have a shuttle?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 1:15 am

Programs: DL Silver & HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
Anyone stayed here recently? I am looking for an inexpensive 7 hour transit.

Also, does it still have a shuttle?
I stayed at this property last month. The beds were very comfortable. The shuttle is to the T and airport is available at anytime.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 1:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I stayed there about 6 years ago, so things might well have changed.

It did have a shuttle which went both to the airport and to some local restaurants. When arriving at the airport, you had to call for the shuttle.

I did, waited over 30 minutes for it, and took a taxi to the hotel. That night, I took the shuttle to a restaurant (about 10 minutes away) and, again, after several calls to the hotel gave up on the shuttle and took another cab.

The next morning I spoke with the manager and asked for reimbursement for the taxi fares. Instead, she comped me for the night.

As far as everything else was concerned, I was very satisified with the hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 7:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Wirelessly posted (My IV to the Net: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I stayed her a couple of weeks ago.

I called for the shuttle once I picked up my luggage from BOS and it took about 15 for the shuttle to arrive.

The shuttle driver said that they do pick up and drop off at the T (sorry can't remember the station name atm, but it is the Blue Line) as well they will take people to a near by Italian place.

I was upgraded to a large 2 room suite (w/ kitchenette). I had not asked in my res comments and did not ask at check-in but was told, "We have you in a nice room". (I was only there for one night).

The internet connection was solid as I used it for about 4 hours to do some work.

As mentioned previously the area is not very "pretty" and it is not condusive to walking around the area.
If you have a car you will be fine (or if you are willing to use the shuttle).

I ended up using the shuttle to get back to BOS to pick up a rental car (change of plans) and only had to wait for about 5 minutes for the shuttle.

Breakfast was standard HI fare. It was busy but everything seemed well stocked for the 10 min I was there.

I chose this location because of the proximity to BOS and the price (around $70 cheaper then any nearby HH property).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.