Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Breakfast at Hampton Inn: The Definitive Thread

Old May 8, 2001, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

"Hampton Inn and Hampton Inn & Suites powered up their free breakfast program at 1,000 U.S. locations. Called the Perfect Start Breakfast, the program includes new food products, new food presentation layouts, and special items like a PerfecTouch beverage cup that turns cool with cold beverages and warm with hot beverages. Perfect Start will be implemented at all Hampton hotels by the end of summer.

The program will offer Hampton franchisees six themed breakfast packages: Holiday, Country Home, Collegiate, Cape Cod, Corporate and Autumn. They will use visual props like baker's racks and sports paraphernalia to add eye appeal to the breakfast presentation. New food products include a cinnamon roll created exclusively for Hampton by Sara Lee."

http://www.bestfares.com/travel/desk...y.asp?id=19278
Old Oct 24, 2003, 5:49 pm

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
Hampton to offer Hot Breakfasts

Had lunch with spouse of a Hilton VP yesterday (Hampton division). Said he was in the process of making the rounds to all Hamptons in an effort to roll out hot breakfast offerings starting sometime in 2004. Would make me consider there as opposed to some older Hiltons or DT's.

------------------
Old Oct 24, 2003, 7:09 pm

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
Have visited a couple Hamptons that have a hot breakfast of sorts. Last one was HI Niagra Falls NY - eggs, sausage, bacon, buscuits and gravy. Not too bad, and the gravy was pretty good.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 8:42 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
They have those french toast things you put in the toaster, do those count?

I think they have to or everybody will go to hgi's when they get a chance. Free internet, free breakfast, etc.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 6:48 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I recently stayed at a Hampton Inn that is part of a test of the new breakfast offerings. The staff was excited, had us fill out surveys and mentioned that they were one of only 24 Hamptons chosen for the test study. The breakfast area had an upscale facelift as far as presentation, hot offerings such as egg McMuffin type sandwiches and pancakes were offered. For those without time for a sit-down breakfast, there is a fancy display of bagged breakfasts which consist of a granola bar, muffin, apple and bottle of water.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Oct 19, 2004, 6:47 am

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
Unhappy Hampton Inn Ad in USAToday-Breakfast

I have been noticing the "20 sausage patties, 16 eggs, and a..." advertisement for Hampton in USAToday for the past few weeks. I have seen it for a few weeks now. The ad with Frank, frequent business traveler....

Two nights ago, I stayed at a Hampton Inn, went to breakfast and still the old style fare was there; lots of sweet rolls, cereal, and not much else...no new breakfast.

I left a voice mail for the hotel mgr.before leaving, asking why no new advertized breakfast ; no reply yet. I then called Diamond Desk, mentioning the advertisement this morning and asked why I didn't see the new breakfast where I stayed two nights ago?

The respone was: " If you saw it in USA Today, you know more than we do"...Huh????
Old Oct 19, 2004, 8:45 am

My understanding is that they are in the process of renovating all the hotels to the new look and features and that all hotels should be switched over by the end of the year.

How to tell if your hotel has been revamped? I remember reading somewhere to look at the hotels webpage, but the three HIs I've stayed in recently have not appeared to be renovated on the webpage, but were in reality. YMMV.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
here's How to tell

You can tell from the website what has been added to a given hotel--this link describes how:

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/p...atsnew,quad,30

Last edited by gretchendz; Oct 19, 2004 at 10:04 am
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Originally Posted by gretchendz
You can tell from the website what has been added to a given hotle--this link describes how:

Excellent tip. Thanks, gretchendz. ^
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
thanks

thanks to all for the tips, I never thought about checking the web, even tho' that's where I make all my res'v...still kinda funny that corp Diamond doesn't knpw the answer.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
A few weekends ago, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brooksville Florida for the night. Cute place in the middle of nowhere They had the breakfast shown in the Hampton Inn ad. They had these "scrambled" eggs that were preformed in the shape of a circle, sausage gravy, hot biscuits plus all the other usual ammenities. I thought the breakfast was excellent! If only they could do something about their pillows at that particular Hampton Inn
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gretchendz
You can tell from the website what has been added to a given hotel--this link describes how:

Yes but that section is not up-to-date for several properties. You would think they would instantly slap on things like free wireless broadband, but they don't. Instead those are pleasant surprises one finds upon checking in!

Agree with the poster who said the conversions are in process. It is expected to be completed in all properties by the end of the year. Having stayed in several "enhanced" HI's recently I definitely like them. ^
Old Oct 25, 2004, 1:22 pm

Smile 1-800-hampton cannot tell you if hotel has hot breakfast

I just called the 1-800-hampton line as the property listing did not show anywhere if it was serving the new HOT breakfast advertised on TV. They could not tell me. They told me I had to call the property direct, since most Hampton Inns are privately owned the person said they had no way of knowing what kind of breakfast was being served. I thought this was a Hilton move called "MAKE IT HAMPTON" and the hot breakfast was a part of 127 changes being made, so, would it not make sense that central reservations would be aware when the hot breakfast was implemented. I've looked at several properties that have hot breakfasts and they are not showing it yet in the highlights section. Do you think that perhaps Hampton is waiting to update each properties listing until most of them are switched over to hot, I think the deadline is December 2004. Untill then we have to call the property?
Any comments or suggestions of a better way to know if breakfast is hot or cold at a HAMPTON INN would be appreciated?
Old Oct 25, 2004, 4:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
The hot breakfast isn't anything to write home about to start off with. I'd suggest calling the hotel if you really need to know.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
The answer is obvious, and bigjim said it best.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.