Fourth Quarter 2010 Honors Promo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by MikeTaylor
There's now a holding page at www.hhonors.com/sunday

"Landing Page - Coming Soon - English"

Hardly the most swanky webdesign, but looks like they're trying to get it sorted. The promo seems to be officially known as 'Spend A Sunday'
I am thinking a system alert for an exception error is generated any time a 404 event occurs.

Think about how many times people would have clicked on www.hhonors.com/sunday over the last few days ... this would have driven the system's monitors bonkers.

So I am guessing the web designers have run up a quick landing page to defray the issue.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by harryhv
How many times do they have to do this before you learn NEVER to book Hilton the first 2 weeks of a quarter?

This Sunday won't count.
Or alternatively, one stays at hiltons because of other factors, not just for bonuses. I'm also staying at a hilton this sunday, and would have preferred to get the bonus, but it won't have been a deciding factor.

tb
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
I looked all over the Marriott site and saw nothing where they say they are giving triple miles between now and the end of the year. Could it be a targeted promotion? Are you a Platinum member, Gold or what?

If you have the email, can you post it please as I would like to see if Marriott will honor this as I see nothing on their website about it.

I don't have the email anymore. I did register but deleted it since I have no plans to stay at marriott through the end of the year. I logged onto my account and found it under promotion central. The link is:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/pro...promotion=AQF0

Not sure if it was targeted or not but if you click on the link you aren't out anything by trying to register for it.

I also got another email for some promo on weekend stays at full service marriotts where you got free breakfast and a $100 card but I didn't even register for that since I know I won't be staying at any full service marriotts on a weekend stay during the promo period.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
How many times do they have to do this before you learn NEVER to book Hilton the first 2 weeks of a quarter?

This Sunday won't count.
i wouldn't change my plans if i have to stay at a hilton property in the first couple of weeks of a quarter....but i won't expect anything from hilton (promo) as well....
Old Oct 8, 2010, 5:03 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
I looked all over the Marriott site and saw nothing where they say they are giving triple miles between now and the end of the year. Could it be a targeted promotion? Are you a Platinum member, Gold or what?

If you have the email, can you post it please as I would like to see if Marriott will honor this as I see nothing on their website about it.
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...1-dec-31-2010/

You need to set your earning preference to miles to pull up Marriott miles promotions.

I have a page on my blog for current hotel loyalty promotions.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I went back and read the T&C on this offer and it isn't that great unless you fly Continental. There were only four or five airlines listed and I think CO was the only airline listed. If you fly CO or AC or one of the other airlines it is a good deal, but otherwise it isn't.

One good deal Marriott does is with their credit cards. I always cancel the card every year when the annual fee comes due and then a few weeks later they send me the same promo. They waive the fee for a year, give you 10 nights toward premium status (so you are automatically silver which does allow you to use the elite check in line at most marriott properties) and after one purchase give you a one night certificate and supposedly enough points for up to three free nights.

Works out great for me. While the certificate isn't good in the more expensive properties, it does qualify at the Courtyard in Toronto which is the only marriott I really ever stay at. Not sure how they figure it's enough points for 3 nights, but it is barely enough to cover a second night at the CY in Toronto. I usually just make one small purchase with the card like a cup of coffee and then cancel right befrore the expiration date and then wait for another promo email. I usually use the certificate for one weekend stay and the points for another and book the second night at the AAA which includes the breakfast buffett vouchers on the paid night and they always give me the vouchers for both days so it is a great deal for doing nothing more than charging a cup of coffee a year.

Originally Posted by satori
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...1-dec-31-2010/

You need to set your earning preference to miles to pull up Marriott miles promotions.

I have a page on my blog for current hotel loyalty promotions.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak

This Sunday won't count.
If the T&C are as we've seen, and Hilton hhonors what they have written, and if one is able to register prior to checkin, this Sunday will count. A lot of "ifs" and it might take a call to CS and a wait on hold to get a supervisor.
See post #106 in this thread.

EDIT: And I stand, or sit in my HGI room, disappointed that registration has not opened and a stay starting Sunday 10-10 will not count.

Added data point, as gold, I did get registered for the 10 nights/25k promo.

Last edited by ZeppoX; Oct 11, 2010 at 7:42 am Reason: update
Old Oct 8, 2010, 9:48 am
Original Poster

You should be ok to cash in on the promo if you have already booked your stay. Your stay just needs to begin after the 12th and end before Dec. 30. And of course you have to register for the promo before your stay. HHonors has not published a link yet to my knowledge..

No way to break up long stays into 2 with out physically checking out for 24 hours. I though i could check out and in the same day and got burned.

I heard a rumor that to reset your 100K point cap, you can remove your HHonors number from your reservation for 24 hours and just not collect points for that period, then re apply your HHonors number to your account after the 24 hours for a successful reset. I haven't verified. Any comments?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 9:56 am
Original Poster

I would take SPG tripple points too but the Sheraton in Tel Aviv is Excluded.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by BA_HHonors_Focal
I heard a rumor that to reset your 100K point cap, you can remove your HHonors number from your reservation for 24 hours and just not collect points for that period, then re apply your HHonors number to your account after the 24 hours for a successful reset. I haven't verified. Any comments?
This has come up in other threads. Some - including myself - report that just removing your HH number is not enough to prevent points/stays/dollars from posting. Somehow the IT systems do a name match and then attach your HH number to it. I have, however, checked in under my middle name which is on one of my ID's and not had points posted. YMMV
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saad
people have reported signing up for this promo till as recently as 10 days ago so my guess if they would still sign people up if they called....
I have 1.5 million points this year and I was not "Targeted" either. After reading this thread (Oct. 8), i called the Diamond Desk (1-877-444-9847) and told them a friend told me about the "Stay 10 night, get a 25K Bonus". They were happy to sign me up. It's good until 12/31/2010.
Get on it!!!!! You do have to be a Diamond member i think..

I did ask if i could be signed up for this promo AND the 4th quarter promo and they said "Yes, you can be enrolled in as many promos as you qualify for"

Thank you all for sharing!!! Keep sharing those promos.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Well it appears most of the the major Europe/Asia Hilton Hotels will not be participating the 2010 Q4 Promo. All that excitement for nothing!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:43 pm

less cryptic

Well it appears most of the the major Europe/Asia Hilton Hotels will not be participating the 2010 Q4 Promo. All that excitement for nothing!
Could you elucidate? Where does such information appear?

ralph
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA1K,HH-D,SPG-G,Swissotel
I have 1.5 million points this year and I was not "Targeted" either. After reading this thread (Oct. 8), i called the Diamond Desk (1-877-444-9847) and told them a friend told me about the "Stay 10 night, get a 25K Bonus". They were happy to sign me up. It's good until 12/31/2010.
Get on it!!!!! You do have to be a Diamond member i think..

I did ask if i could be signed up for this promo AND the 4th quarter promo and they said "Yes, you can be enrolled in as many promos as you qualify for"

Thank you all for sharing!!! Keep sharing those promos.
OK, I just spoke with the Diamond Desk and the representative I spoke with said they have heard of the "Spend a Sunday" promotion but it won't have any active sign up available until Oct 12, he couldn't do anything for me until it's released officially, and he also said they did not have a list of participating hotels. I have a trip coming up later in the month where I'll be 4 nights in the Brisbane Hilton then 7 nights in the new Doubletree Kuala Lumpur, both across a Sunday so I WANT THE QUADRUPLE BASE POINTS (hope these locations are participating). But, I did get myself signed up for the 10 night 25K bonus promo.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:49 pm
Suspended

HHonors Promotion

Hey all you point grubbers (a good thing)

I just got word of the 2010 4th Quarter promotion and it is absolutely EPIC!!!
Drum roll please……………….. October 12 - December 30, earn double base points on all stays and QUADRUPLE base points on all stays that include a Sunday. For a guy who lives at the Hilton TLV, I'm stoked. Best promo to date hands down.

No word on if there will still be a 100K Point cap. If that's the case, I will be checking out every 6 days for this 2 month stay.

Fine print to come. Keep rackin up those points!
Does this registration? Targeted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.