Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors 3rd Quarter Promotion 2010: Double Your Honors

Old May 31, 2010, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors

HHonors members will be allowed to chose between double points or double miles (all partner airlines will be participating).

From July 7 to September 30, 2010.

Members who select double miles must have their earning preference set to points & miles.

Keep in mind folks this is more than a month away. Exact details are subject to change and I don't have any more info to provide.
Old May 31, 2010, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Thanks!

Q1 and Q2 have actually gotten me almost all the way to Diamond requal, so I don't mind if the next one is different.

Double Miles might work better for me.
Old May 31, 2010, 2:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Could it be a targeted promo or available for everybody? 2k bmi miles/night does not sound bad at all
Old May 31, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: All of them.... mostly United and Starwood
Originally Posted by needtoescape
FYI, HamptonInnsider started another post today with the preliminary promo details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...r-hhonors.html
I'm going to try find that thread now - when I click on the link it just takes me back to this thread.
Old May 31, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
That'll be a helpful passing moderator merging the two threads - you'll notice the thread title has changed too.

I'm pleased with this new promo - 2k bmi miles per night turns in to business class seats fairly quickly. ^ I have enough FN certs for all my immediate needs.
Old May 31, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I agree. If this promo comes through with 2k bmi miles per night, then I'll be a happy camper as well. ^
Old May 31, 2010, 4:30 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I'd like to hear if this promo will mean 1 WN credit per stay rather than the typical .5 too.. That would be a very lucrative hotel hopping promo if it is, especially at Hampton Inns.
Old May 31, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Can't wait to see details. I have a lot of stays coming up but several are several days long w/o option of hotel hopping. I'm guessing the double miles is per stay. Hmm, guess double pts may be best for me. C'mon Hilton, more details please!
Old May 31, 2010, 9:33 pm

2k BMI miles is that good of an offer over double points? I guess I need to investigate the program more. Hows the redemption availability in general compared to US airlines?
Old May 31, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Personally, I'm way unhappy it starts 7/7 since I have a six night stay ending 7/6 (NOT that I'm even a little bit surprised, since clearly this is devised to prevent HH from having to give points for the July 4th weekend - but are they really meaning to exempt the first few days of each 4th month from the promos? Seems sort of arbitrary.)

Whoops - ETA...overlooked this:
Exact details are subject to change and I don't have any more info to provide.
Come on, July 1!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by vrbaba
2k BMI miles is that good of an offer over double points? I guess I need to investigate the program more. Hows the redemption availability in general compared to US airlines?
bmi Diamond Club has very generous mileage redemption rates, which is one of the main features about the program. You can also redeem cash and miles to halve the number of miles requires. A business class round trip ticket from North America to Europe for example is 37,500 miles + cash.

There are no blackouts to redemptions unlike on UA. You do however pay fuel surcharges which can make costs eye watering for some people who are used to redeeming via the US carriers who don't charge the YQ. Worth investigating, but it may not be for you.

At 2k per night over a 3 month period, a semi-regular traveller can get a pretty good redemption ticket earned via the bmi bonus miles though. Worth using with the free night certificates earned in Q1 and Q2 perhaps?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 3:53 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
Personally, I'm way unhappy it starts 7/7 since I have a six night stay ending 7/6 (NOT that I'm even a little bit surprised, since clearly this is devised to prevent HH from having to give points for the July 4th weekend - but are they really meaning to exempt the first few days of each 4th month from the promos? Seems sort of arbitrary.)
This is SOP for HH - I missed out on promos in Q2 and Q3 last year with stays in the first week of the quarter with promos that started 5/6/7 of the month
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thanks hamptoninnsider for posting. Looks like what I guessed was right, just a regular promo.

On that note, I think it's crazy because two years ago I don't remember quarterly promos. Now it seems like hotels have painted themselves into a corner in that they cannot NOT have a quarterly promo or folks will flock elsewhere.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Thanks hamptoninnsider for posting. Looks like what I guessed was right, just a regular promo.

On that note, I think it's crazy because two years ago I don't remember quarterly promos. Now it seems like hotels have painted themselves into a corner in that they cannot NOT have a quarterly promo or folks will flock elsewhere.

I'm sure the weak economy has something to do with all the perks and specials we've seen as opposed to years past.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
I'm sure the weak economy has something to do with all the perks and specials we've seen as opposed to years past.
I also think that since the devaluation HH has been more willing to offer promos. More ways to get points but you also need more points to pay for rooms. Perhaps it isn't a devaluation since Hilton is offering all of these promos? Perhaps this is how Hilton sees it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.