Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Double Points for Every Hilton Stay in 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landin...WINDBLMAIN0410

Not sure if others can sign up for this but figured I'd post it and they can give it a shot....

You’ve earned it
Register here to get double HHonors™ points for every single one of your stays in 2010. It’s twice as nice. And it’s only available to our favorite guests. Like you.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Valid for HHonors members' stays completed between now and December 31, 2010 at participating hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. Member must register for the promotion at HHonors.com/2010doublepoints prior to check-in. Offer is for named recipient only and is not transferable. "Double points" means member will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base points earned during a stay. Bonus points do not count toward VIP tier qualification.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Thank you for your interest. However, at this time, you are not eligible for this promotion.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:38 pm

just got this too

made diamond last year but don't have many hilton stays this year - i bet they think i'm staying with hyatt or something.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA1k-to-UAnada, HiltonLowAsUCanGo, HertzDoesntMatter
i was wondering if this was a valid offer. the link asked for both my hhonors# and PIN... i dont recall ever having to give a PIN for enrolling

i thought it might be a phishing expedition. how is it best to confirm authenticity?

tia
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by coldfoot
i was wondering if this was a valid offer. the link asked for both my hhonors# and PIN... i dont recall ever having to give a PIN for enrolling
I certainly can recall being asked for a PIN to enroll in HHonors promos - as recently as last week.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Not eligible either, I think the key is in the url;
"WinBackDoublePoints_2010_login.aspx"

Must be for people who haven't been staying with Hilton as much as they did previously.

And its a legit site - has a valid authenticated SSL certificate and matches various other Hilton Honours based urls at this site that I've visited in the past.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by coldfoot

i thought it might be a phishing expedition. how is it best to confirm authenticity?

tia
Enrollment into Hilton offers always require your HHonors# & PIN. That's how they verify who is signing up for the promo and how they give credit.

As to the authenticity, can't say. Littlevoices indicates the url matches which is a good sign. It sounds legitimate but is targeted.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond
Got a Rock -- Targeted
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Same here....(got a rock)

Charles Brown
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:20 pm
Suspended

No LUV over here either
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
"We're Sorry,

An error has occurred in the system, and we are unable to process your request at this time. The error has been recorded and will be investigated by the system administrator. We apologize for this inconvenience. You may contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care nearest you for assistance, or call 1-800-HHONORS."

Well, maybe they'll target me once I won't requalify this year.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Bah humbug

Thanks for posting OP.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
OP -- what is your stay pattern? It might help us determine WHY you were targeted.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Rock but considering I'm signed up for the free cert offer I'm not surprised.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by attorney28
"We're Sorry,

An error has occurred in the system, and we are unable to process your request at this time. The error has been recorded and will be investigated by the system administrator. We apologize for this inconvenience. You may contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care nearest you for assistance, or call 1-800-HHONORS."

Well, maybe they'll target me once I won't requalify this year.
I got the same thing. Hhonors loves to offer things to some people but not to everyone. Has anyone been able to sign up for this on the phone if you did not receive the e-mail?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.