Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Procedure For Earning Bonus Hilton Honors Points for Car Rental

Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, National Executive, SkyTeam Elite

Has anyone else noticed that you no longer get the 250 point bonus for telling the Hilton Desk Agent to select "National" as your car rental bonus? I went into my account and looked back on my stays and it appears that this quit last September. Haven't noticed until now but it was a nice little "side benefit."
Old Jan 26, 2010, 3:30 pm

Not correct...need National to do it at time of rental

Mentioning it at check-in no longer works as of last September.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:08 pm
Suspended

is this just for National (was always the case with Avis)? or does Thrifty and Alamo still work, dont think Alamo would since its the same company as National but I usually go with Thrifty anyway
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Mentioning it at check-in no longer works as of last September.
How does National "do it"?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:39 pm

Not sure how National does it at time of rental

Haven't used National since the switch; Thrifty is much easier and doesn't depend on the rental agent to figure out how to input properly.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz
is this just for National (was always the case with Avis)? or does Thrifty and Alamo still work, dont think Alamo would since its the same company as National but I usually go with Thrifty anyway
never mind just found the answer on the HH site

seems TY Thrifty is the only company you still get the credit by telling them at check-in. I guess I will be renting from TY all the time for now on. Too bad since at times Alamo used to get 500 pts. But then every 16th rental with TY = 1 free day, which is good when doing a MR and staying somewhere overnight

seems in order to get the credit otherwise you must Hiltons corp code but then I wont beable to use any other that gives a nice discount

Last edited by craz; Jan 26, 2010 at 8:48 pm
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:46 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by craz
seems TY Thrifty is the only company you still get the credit by telling them at check-in.
Do you have that link handy?

Never mind: http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...als.do#thrifty
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:52 pm
Suspended

had 2 stays this past weekend (different Hotels like anyone thought otherwise) the 1st hotel didnt appear but the 2nd one did, so I called HH and walking them thru it but I got the 250 for the night it was missing, good thing I had a Thrifty rental otherwise they probably would have told me to deal with the Rental car company for the credit, who needs that

so if you will be staying at a Hilton prop seems Thrifty is the way to go , you get whatever discount on the rental and only have to deal with HH for any missing credit
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
You can choose Hilton points instead of miles when you make a National reservation, which ends the double dipping of getting both.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:58 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by linsj
You can choose Hilton points instead of miles when you make a National reservation, which ends the double dipping of getting both.
Is it possible to still get National rental credits with the HHonors bonus points?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hmm, just realized that I had 2 stays post without the NA points. What is going on? It's still on the Hilton systems at check in.

Anyone having luck getting these posted by calling the DD? Any clarification there?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 6:11 am
iwc

See post #89, #92 and #95 in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html

We never did get and answer from the HHonors Rep
Old Jan 27, 2010, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by dstan
Is it possible to still get National rental credits with the HHonors bonus points?
I have.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Hmm, just realized that I had 2 stays post without the NA points. What is going on? It's still on the Hilton systems at check in.

Anyone having luck getting these posted by calling the DD? Any clarification there?
Back in September after the change was made--and I didn't know it; the Honors Web site still had the instructions to show your key at check-in--I showed my rental key at check-in at three hotels on one trip. Points didn't post, so I called Hhonors. (Wasn't diamond back then.) The CS rep manually posted 250 points three times but said that wouldn't happen again. Haven't tried since.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:01 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by jeffpfeifer
Has anyone else noticed that you no longer get the 250 point bonus for telling the Hilton Desk Agent to select "National" as your car rental bonus? I went into my account and looked back on my stays and it appears that this quit last September. Haven't noticed until now but it was a nice little "side benefit."
Hello,

You will need to provide your HHonors account number to the reservation agent with National when securing your car rental. National send us a weekly file of members to credit.

Thanks,
Teresa (HHonorsRepresentative)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.