Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol South — Cadbury House {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol South — Cadbury House {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol South — Cadbury House {GBR}

This property seems to be a new addition to the Hilton Family and looks quite nice on the website, the restaurant also looks impressive. Extensive health/spa facilities as well. Quite frankly it looks much nicer than the Hilton Bristol. Has anyone stayed there? Grateful for any feedback...

Action Man
Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:22 am
iDo

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Gold, HHonors Gold.
My sister had her Wedding there recently. Staying and eating there were a negitive experience from start to finish

The rooms are very basic, King beds are actually queen and are cheap quality. Bathrooms all have windows to the main portion of the room. No flannels are supplied to any rooms.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I like it a lot.

Stayed twice. Both times upgraded to a deluxe room with a view, similar in size I think to standard rooms but with a lovely view and extras in them.
Its sort of trendy/ boutiquey, I like the bedroom decoration and colours, and the powerful free standing shower is very good (or you might get an extra deep bath).
On site spa/ pool also good, but check out class times when you arrive and book treatments in advance because it is popular.
It is outside Bristol city centre, not far from the airport, and the city is not difficult to get to. Some lovely countryside and places to explore nearby- I like Clevedon and its Victorian Pier.
I would and will stay again because I like the hotel- only thing extra I would hope for is an upgrade to a junior suite or something- they seem to do this for birthdays and anniversaries but I haven't been so fortunate yet!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:25 pm

Mr feeona123 stays here regulary and I have stayed a couple of times.

Last year they were giving him wine and chocolates as a HH member - this stopped in about September and haven't reappeared this year.

I think their policy is to upgrade to deluxe rooms only - once he booked a deluxe hoping to get a suite but nothing!

One time his room door wouldn't lock and then they upgraded him to one of the top suites for this reason - he was very impressed.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: VA Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, PC Spire/Ambassador, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I stayed there last June on points as a night of luxury before Glastonbury festival.
We got a lovely loft room (suite?), chocolates and wine I think...

The restaurant was good for dinner, and average for breakfast.

I've booked again this year, but doesn't sound like we'll be so lucky this time ?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:58 am

probably not.

Maybe its due to Mr feeona123 staying there all the time that they don't upgrade him higher

Old Jun 26, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
^
Recent 1 night stay and was very impressed, particularly the staff service that was 10/10 throughout the stay, going out of their way to be helpful.

Upgraded to Deluxe Room (normal room with expansive view across countryside to Bristol Channel and Welsh hills, along with a concrete(?) cow in the hotel grounds ) - room was small and modern and had wine / water / robes

Breakfast choice was very good, particularly if you're not watching the diet - huge chocolate muffins, good pain au chocolats and even bagels

To work these excesses off, you have full use of the excellent leisure facilities at The Club - the only thing is that you have to walk outside for 200m to get to it
http://www.cadburyhotelbristol.co.uk...lubandspa.html

There are also bicycles that are available for hotel guests - there are cycle routes nearby:
http://www.sustrans.org.uk/assets/fi...%20leaflet.pdf

The town of Yatton is 10 minutes walk away and has facilities like pubs, small supermarkets, shops, etc. - didn't have the opportunity to eat at the on-site Marco Pierre White restaurant.

Would recommend
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Had a couple of 1 night stays here recently, and very impressed both times

Nice upgrades both times, no wine/ chocs in room (not sure if I should have asked or not), but robes, water, real cafetiere coffee, very good comp full breakfast.

Reception staff amazing- amongst the friendliest and most professional I have met for a while, very keen to help and ensure the stay is going well.

Will definately stay again.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:55 pm

An update, I continue to say it is a great hotel!

Reception staff continue to be brilliant, I like the location, great views over the Channel, good breakfast and breakfast to go bags. Had some nice upgrades, and wine in the room!- maybe for diamond only. Great hotel.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Any recent stays here?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Always use it if I fly out from BRS ... free car park so leave car there and get a taxi (£16) to the airport and just stay one night at hotel (either start or end of holiday) .. if the end just let them know you are leaving a car there.
Bar food is good, room service took a while.
Grounds are lovely - see if you can get a room overlooking the lake.
Good selection for buffet breakfast - both hot and cold.

There is a health spa on the grounds you can use and book to your room, together with another bar / cafe.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Any recent stays here?
Loads.

Great. Excellent Diamond upgrades, great restaurant, busy (but decent) bar. Breakfast good too.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent updates? Suite upgrade, drink vouchers for DIA?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Stayed here last November. Got upgraded from King to King Deluxe (high floor with views). Received drinks vouchers as Diamond members. Service was very attentive and the breakfast very delicious.

Room

Breakfast

Room View
wizla likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Stayed here last week. I have stayed previously to Covid as well and I have mixed feelings about it.

On the plus side received a couple of drinks vouchers as a Diamond. Location is good and the rooms etc are still as per the pictures in this thread. The health club was fully open and it is one of the better ones in a U.K. Hilton. The outside deck area and hot tub were nice in the sunshine.

There were more than a few niggles though. Rooms could do with a lick of paint now and general making good of wear and tear. Didn’t get a cookie on check in, forgot to ask so don’t know whether it was simply forgotten or they were out. The breakfast is quite considerably pared back in both choice and quality from above. To be honest I preferred the breakfast in the Torquay Hampton. There was a shortage of locks for the lockers in the health club and one of the pool side spa showers is broken. Some of the staff were great but some were very inexperienced. Housekeeping is on request, but unusually must be requested the night before, although I found in practice there was some flex.

The real disappointment was the Marco Pierre White steak restaurant. The steak itself was ok but chips were clearly frozen and sauce was ready made. Other menu items clearly from a packet and the menu is more limited than that shown on the website. At £30 for a steak, chips and a sauce it doesn’t really cut it.

One tip is that the hotel has a lot of weddings happening at the moment. If you are sensitive to noise you will want to make sure you are in the right hand part of the hotel on the plan so you are not above it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.