Those potatoes (ES, HS)

Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:55 am
ftv
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Those potatoes (ES, HS)

OK, this is petty but am I the only one who hates eating those potatoes at Embassey Suites, Homewood Suites, and has anyone seen them anyplace else?

ES used to have hash browns, but switched to these nasty nuggets that seem as though they are reconstituted former potatoes. Sometimes they are hard, and sometimes they are rock hard, and they never have flavor.

I don't understand why a better hotel would serve these. YUCK!
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: hhonors Diamond
Agree! Agree!

YUCK!
Old Nov 23, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
ES La Jolla across from UTC had proper hash brown's 2 weeks ago and Egg Beater Omelets on request so no complaint from me on food. The absence of the guy in the parking structure exit kiosk even though they know the card keys don't work most of the time is another story.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Blame those on Sysco. I never thought of tasting those funny looking unnatural looking things.

MisterNice
Old Nov 26, 2009, 6:49 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I had those recently in ES Montral. I'm not sure if they usually come covered in red powder (paprika I presumed) or if Montral added that to spice them up, but in any case they were completely tasteless!
Old Nov 26, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
HI has a better option

I have never had them at a HS, but they are consistently bland and dry at every ES that I have ever been to. Recently I tried them at a HI and they were much better. They were actually somewhat moist and had some flavor. There is hope.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 3:32 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Well, if we're discussing Hilton breakfast potatoes I have to add that the among the BEST I've had was just a couple days ago at the Hilton Checkers in Los Angeles. Gold/Diamond members get the full breakfast at the restaurant (several choices on the menu) and the breakfast spuds that come with the traditional "two-eggs-any-style" choice are delicious!! And the restaurant is gorgeous. ^

Last edited by JonathanIT; Nov 26, 2009 at 5:13 pm Reason: clarification
Old Nov 26, 2009, 4:21 pm

Absolutely agree...

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Well, if we're discussing Hilton breakfast potatoes I have to add that the among the BEST I've had was just a couple days ago at the Hilton Checkers in Los Angeles. Gold/Diamond members get the full breakfast at the restaurant (several choices) and the breakfast spuds that come with the traditional "two-eggs-any-style" choice are delicious!! And the restaurant is gorgeous. ^
Hilton Checkers breakfast is the best I've had at any HH property anywhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.