Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Connect (like ZipCar)- 1 year free membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Hertz's answer to Zipcar is Connect by Hertz. They have a limited number of rental sites so far; in or around New York, London, Paris, Park Ridge, Ohio State University, Pepperdine University.

Rent cars by the hour, starting at $8.50. Rates include gas, insurance, 180 miles per day and 24/7 roadside assistance.

Use promo code 300001 and Hertz will waive the $25 application fee and $50 annual membership fee for one year. Must sign up before April 30, 2009.

http://www.connectbyhertz.com/
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:32 pm

FYI in Germany Hertz has 3/6/9 rates for anyone looking to rent for a few hours a day. They appear on the hertz.de site - I don't know about the American one.

Edited - I looked at Paris rates - 120 Euro per year, and 4 Euro per hour. I don't know if your code waives the 120 Euro fee.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, is something wrong with their website, or are there really only locations between 20th and 37th Streets in Manhattan?!?
Old Mar 20, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
OK, is something wrong with their website, or are there really only locations between 20th and 37th Streets in Manhattan?!?
definitely many more than that

not sure if this link will appear, but hear is the google map of all the Hertz rental places

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...num=4&ct=image
Old Mar 26, 2009, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by neuron
definitely many more than that

not sure if this link will appear, but hear is the google map of all the Hertz rental places

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...num=4&ct=image
Those are the Hertz rental offices, not the locations for Hertz Connect. I called Hertz Connect and the agent corroborated what I discussed above, saying that the limited locations was a result of the Beta test of the service and they're in the process of rolling out more neighborhoods.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just thought I'd post an update -- I checked the ConnectByHertz website today, and there are A LOT more locations in Manhattan, including the garage in my apartment building! Woo hoo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.