Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mustang @ LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Mustang @ LAX

I just want to find out if the mustang comes with a premium or just a basic sound system? Also, what choices do they have for a mustang equivalent? Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by maortega15
I just want to find out if the mustang comes with a premium or just a basic sound system? Also, what choices do they have for a mustang equivalent? Thanks
Well which Mustang are you talking about?

There's the hard-top Mustang V6 (D4/SSAR) (ride report link) which is reservable (and occasionally an upsell from D/SCAR), as well as the Mustang V6 convertible (U/RTAR, IXAR) which is also reservable. Then there's the Mustang GT Premium in the Adrenaline Collection (hard-top, W6/PXAR) which has the V8 and other good stuff.

If you book a Mustang (since they're all reservable), that's what you're going to get.

As for a Mustang equivalent... I guess you could say the Camaro RS (base, V6) is equivalent to the hard-top Mustang V6; the Camaro RS is occasionally given as a YF so it's technically a step or two up from the Mustang I guess. There's also a Camaro convertible (again, baseline, V6) that's tagged U so that's equivalent to the V6 convertible Mustang. In the Adrenaline Collection there's the Camaro SS in both hard-top (W4/PBAR) and convertible (XTAR) models, so I guess that's the closest you'll get. There's the Challenger R/T but I don't feel like it's really compatible; nor is the Corvette, which IMHO is the top car in the collection.

I hope I answered your question (if only slightly)

-J.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:33 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
...as well as the Mustang V6 convertible (U/RTAR, IXAR) which is also reservable....
If you book a Mustang (since they're all reservable), that's what you're going to get.
I hope I answered your question (if only slightly) -J.
At least you answered my question before I was able to type it. Reserved a RTAR and want to be sure that they cannot let me drive off in a Chrysler 200 or Eclipse.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Well which Mustang are you talking about?

There's the hard-top Mustang V6 (D4/SSAR) (ride report link) which is reservable (and occasionally an upsell from D/SCAR), as well as the Mustang V6 convertible (U/RTAR, IXAR) which is also reservable. Then there's the Mustang GT Premium in the Adrenaline Collection (hard-top, W6/PXAR) which has the V8 and other good stuff.

As for a Mustang equivalent... I guess you could say the Camaro RS (base, V6) is equivalent to the hard-top Mustang V6; the Camaro RS is occasionally given as a YF so it's technically a step or two up from the Mustang I guess. There's also a Camaro convertible (again, baseline, V6) that's tagged U so that's equivalent to the V6 convertible Mustang. In the Adrenaline Collection there's the Camaro SS in both hard-top (W4/PBAR) and convertible (XTAR) models, so I guess that's the closest you'll get. There's the Challenger R/T but I don't feel like it's really compatible; nor is the Corvette, which IMHO is the top car in the collection.

I hope I answered your question (if only slightly)

-J.
On my reservation, it is Standard Elite Convertible. Im not sure what that means since this is my first time renting a car. Would it be possible for me to swap it for a hardtop?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
On my reservation, it is Standard Elite Convertible. Im not sure what that means since this is my first time renting a car. Would it be possible for me to swap it for a hardtop?
I'm sure you could swap it for a hard-top but from what I understand the two are very similarly spec'ed, but I could be wrong. A Standard Elite Convertible coded as RTAR, so that would be the V6-powered Mustang (U class). Since you'll be at LAX I suppose you could ask for the hard-top since they are such a large station and would probably have it, but they may try to charge you; if you'd really rather have the hard-top your best bet is to book it now and cancel your existing reservation.

-J.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Also, does the mustang come with the Shaker sound system regardless if it is hardtop or convertible?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:11 pm

Also, does the mustang come with the Shaker sound system regardless if it is hardtop or convertible?
Only V6 Premium trim (for hardtop or convertible) and above comes with Shaker sound system. Easiest way to tell V6 Premium trim line is to check the wheel design.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Only V6 Premium trim (for hardtop or convertible) and above comes with Shaker sound system. Easiest way to tell V6 Premium trim line is to check the wheel design.
How do I tell which has which? Is the shaker sound system any good? Also, is there a lower class car with a premium sound system? The sound system is one of my priorities in selecting a rental car.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I've had the mustang hard top V6, its just basic trim nothing to rave about. I think it goes for around $30~ a weekend day and is bookable at some airports... Costs less than Premium but more than Full size it seems.... A convertible mustang goes for $90-$110 a day for the same trim...

I would take a Camaro RS hardtop(YF) Or any luxury/prestige cars over it... Possibly even a Premium over the hardtop mustang, its a downgrade.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:45 pm

How do I tell which has which? Is the shaker sound system any good? Also, is there a lower class car with a premium sound system? The sound system is one of my priorities in selecting a rental car.
I agree, audio systems are critical. The Shaker 500 on the 2012 Mustang V6 Premium was nothing to write home about; the Shaker has been upgraded for 2013 Mustangs and it sounds much better.

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/models/

I hope you can get a 2013 Mustang; much improved over 2012 Mustang.

http://carrentingreviews.com/2012/05...premium-coupe/
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Playing MP3's

Does anyone know if the mustang will be equipped with some kind of plug to lets say plug in your ipod/mp3 player? I don't want to to go through the hassle of burning CD's just for the trip. Thanks
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:45 am

Does anyone know if the mustang will be equipped with some kind of plug to lets say plug in your ipod/mp3 player? I don't want to to go through the hassle of burning CD's just for the trip. Thanks
Base Mustangs have AUX only I believe; only V6 Premium trims and above add USB.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Base Mustangs have AUX only I believe; only V6 Premium trims and above add USB.
AUX is good enough for me Will they provide the cable as well?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:59 pm

AUX is good enough for me Will they provide the cable as well?
No.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

No.
So I have to bring my own? In that case, that sucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.