Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Gold Choice [Now Available in Select Locations]

Hertz Gold Choice [Now Available in Select Locations]

Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Question Hertz Gold Choice [Now Available in Select Locations]

I rented a car from Hertz in ATL yesterday and I noticed that they were installing (excessive) signage for the new "Gold Choice" aisles that they are adding. The video screens explained that if you don't like your assigned car, you can take any car in the Gold Choice section.

Since my assigned car was a Dodge Nitro (which I wouldn't want even if I could fit in it), I asked at the Gold counter how the Gold Choice option works. They said that I could just take any of the cars parked outside (Jag, Cadillac, Mercedes, etc) instead of the Dodge. The catch is, the upgrade isn't free and they didn't have any full-size Chevy/Ford cars in this section. She couldn't even tell me what the price difference would be!

I've looked all over to see how this program is supposed to work, but can't find anything explaining it on Hertz' web site or anywhere else. Is this something brand new being rolled out, and if so how does it work?

Do you just take the paperwork out of your assigned car and drive the car you want off the lot? And when do you find out how many of your firstborn children you have to pay to upgrade from a toy car to a luxury SUV?

Last edited by dagrin; Sep 7, 2011 at 7:36 pm
Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Welcome to FT!
Yes it's Hertz's version of National's Executive Selection/Aisle Service.
I haven't seen any details about it, though it has been mentioned here before. FWIW, if you do a search on Google for "Hertz Gold Choice" it brings up a host of CSR job postings at various locations around the country.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: Diamond Hilton, Titanium Marriott, Delta DM, President Circle Herz, NIGHTS IN OWN BED 2022 28
I've used this program went from a full size to an E-class Benz to see how it works upgrade cost was $45 a day from my corp rate. Which is still about half the price if i would have just booked the car
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: United 1P; AA Gold; National EE; SPG Plat; HH Gold; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Diamondkellen
I've used this program went from a full size to an E-class Benz to see how it works upgrade cost was $45 a day from my corp rate. Which is still about half the price if i would have just booked the car
Welcome to Flyertalk and thanks for the info.

When did you find out how much the upgrade was going to cost and what did the process entail?

Last edited by dagrin; Aug 9, 2011 at 7:14 pm
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
Saw this in ATL today... potentially a great addition to the brand. Hertz, particularly in ATL, is indeed big enough that they can be all things to all people. It will all come down to execution. Since nothing has been formally announced yet, I'll wait-and-see. I'm hoping for some sort of "Executive Aisle" equivalent for Hertz PC members, with decent stuff on it.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
Gold Choice now available

Looks very exciting! ^
hopefully they will have nice cars for PC members

Gold Choice
Freedom to Choose - the confidence of knowing your car will be ready and waiting for you, plus the freedom to choose something different on the spot at no extra charge. Now, Hertz #1Club Gold members get the best of both worlds.

Rent with Confidence
The car you reserved – or better – will be ready and waiting for you. Hertz pioneered pre-assigned car rental with Gold Service and nobody does it better.

Rent with Control
But now, if you reserve a midsize or higher class car, different models and colors are available at no extra cost. Just follow the signs to the Gold Choice area and pick the car you want.

Rent with speed
With Hertz Gold Choice, you always skip the counter and go straight to your car. And if you choose a Gold Choice alternative, you still go straight to the exit gate without wasting any time.

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produc...nited%20States
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:14 pm

Interesting for sure.

I wonder, as per my previous post where I am headed to San Diego this weekend, if SAN has their aisle up and running (as it says on the link, coming in August 2011) yet or not.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Atlanta and Phoenix have it available according to the page linked below. It also gives details as to how the program works, what you have to reserve, how you get a different car, if there's a fee, etc

It includes the timeline for the other locations they are rolling it out to

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produc...nited%20States
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:35 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

"you can switch to any comparable vehicle in the Gold Choice area at no extra cost."
Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Will be curious to see what they do for Platinum rentals.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:15 am

Nice...is there a list of know locations where this is available? I know it was mentioned above that ATL and PHX are on the list, any others?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by dayone
"you can switch to any comparable vehicle in the Gold Choice area at no extra cost."
As in: "Sorry, the 37k mi, beat up, base model Camry, is not comparable to the factory-fresh, Impala LTZ, with leather and sunroof. Especially not for your rate plan."
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by Dudey
Nice...is there a list of know locations where this is available? I know it was mentioned above that ATL and PHX are on the list, any others?
There is a link in post number eight to a list on the Hertz site, but it has not been updated by Hertz as to if they have actually met those dates yet.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:32 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
So this is bascially a way to sell more upgrades!
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anybody got on the ground experience on how this works? According to Hertz, "When you reserve a midsize car, you can switch to any comparable vehicle in the Gold Choice area at no extra cost." So are there separate mid-size/full-size/premium Gold Choice areas?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.