Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
DCA
Chevy Tahoe (T) w/NVL had 52,500+ miles on it.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by FF524
I am seeing a trend of high mileage cars being assigned. It "use to be" that cars were retired from their mainline fleet at 25,000 miles. Appears a decision was made to keep cars longer - I switched to Avis after a third or fourth dud car over the course of a couple of weeks - unfortunately, Avis appears to have adopted a simiar mindset...
The trend has been ongoing for a couple of years, it's not new. In fact, it's now starting to work the other way: it appears that Hertz management realized that the high mileage cars are having a negative brand impact, and they're actively trying to reduce fleet age.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
The trend has been ongoing for a couple of years, it's not new. In fact, it's now starting to work the other way: it appears that Hertz management realized that the high mileage cars are having a negative brand impact, and they're actively trying to reduce fleet age.
That has been my experience as well - my last 3 rentals with Hertz have all been under 5000 miles on the odometer
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
TUL
2013 Chevy Impala LT with 53,500 miles on it. In surprisingly decent shape.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta: DM Starwood: Platinum
'13 Nissan Altima

51,049 and a total POS - washer doesn't work, interior is dirty and some unknown sticky substance on more than one surface. Unfortunately, pickup at Amtrak 30th Street Station in PHL is a 10 minute walk from counter so did not go back. Thinking of tossing car in Schuykill and then claiming it was stolen
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
After a run (well, about 3) of new or low mileage cars, yesterday MCI gave me :

2013 VW Jetta. 50,050 miles, first registered August 2012 (original rego papers were still in the glovebox, along with two previous rental contracts and someones toll receipt from July)

Still classified as a YC, but I can't even see how it was that even when it was new. No cruise control. No center console. Nothing special about it at all except being a VW.

Tried to swap it - even explicitly stating I was PC - but was told my only options were a Sonic or a Versa - both compacts.

Drove like a dog - wheels out of alignment, brakes were soft, and very slow to accelerate. I can handle high mileage when the car is in good condition, but this wasn't...
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: WJ Gold >10k; Hertz Presidents Circle; NEXUS
Dodge Journey 64,507KM.
It was a rented mule... horrible
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:15 am

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Chevy Impala at ATL: 66,258
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:04 pm

I had a Chevy Impala (2013) today with 47,564. Shocks are worn and the steering wheel has to be held 10-15 degrees to the left to keep it going straight. Hertz is going downhill big time!! I guess this is the way they treat President's Club. No one is important to them anymore.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
My colleague and I were in LAS a couple of weeks ago. He got there before me and rented from Hertz, where he has PC status. We were staying at the same hotel so we shared a 2013 (yes, 2013) Nissan Versa with 49,9xx miles on the odometer. It rolled over to 50,000 as we were pulling into the return aisle. The tires were getting bald and it smelled like smoke on the inside.

Our employer currently does not have a "preferred" rental agency, so I turned him onto National.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Local HLE
I am a 5* member and was given a 2013 Toyota Toyota Avalon with 55k and expired tags on a Premium reservation, drove for a while and found out brakes were gone and asked for an exchange.
Roadside asked me to go over to LAX for an exchange, where they offered me 3 cars for a take it or leave situation. The agent at the counter just straight out told me to switch to another company next time, as he says they are getting all kinds of exchanges due to worn out cars but their manager told them to only give out the worn out cars. He felt bad for the customer but he really can't help because he will get in trouble if he does give me anything with lower than 45k miles since I won't be returning the car back to the airport.
1. 2013 Toyota Avalon with 62k miles
2. 2013 Nissan Maxima with 57k miles and smelled like weed
3. 2012 Chrysler 300 with 49k miles

I offered to take downgrade or pay for upgrade as long as I could get something newer.
Then I was offered.
1. 2012 Chevrolet Impala with 53k miles
2. 2013 Dodge Dart with 49k miles

I asked them to let me take a 2015 dart or a corolla or a mazda 3 or mitsubishi mirage at gold choice. Was told upgrade fee would be $15/day for all of them given that I was paying $400 a week for my original reservation(w/o any insurance)

Ended up taking another avalon, later found out it has bald tires because it's raining hard in LA. Let's hope this car can at least last for a week and I won't get pulled for expired tags. Good job to hertz for "great" customer service. National here I come.

Last edited by LJ7006; Mar 1, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Late at SFO so my allocated car was gone. Offered anything from Gold Choice - which was two cars. A beaten up Altima with 52000 miles or an Impala with 37000 miles. Went with the latter and it was truly horrible.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: MP Gold, Hertz President's Circle, PC Platinum Elite, Marriott Gold
ATL

Swapped Rav4 due to flat tire (43K miles) with another RAV4 with 56K miles on it.. and this after waiting 2 hours for an acceptable Q4 SUV to show up instead of the usual old XTerras and Jeeps.

The gear shift is noisy and the key doesnt come out unless the gear shifter is nudged around a bit.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Spg, AA, United
Nissan Altima with 56,000 miles from San Diego. No pick up which is problematic on freeway. On return, check in person acknowledged it was due for a tune up.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:25 pm

A6 - Manager's Special... Requested something other than the Chevy Spark originally assigned - Offered a Chevy Sonic, Nissan Sentra, Kia Soul, and an Altima Coupe - Took the Altima Coupe... 61k miles, but drove well... Car was pretty damaged when I got it -- Sideswiped on the right side... Adds character

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.