Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: MR Plat; CO Plat; GP Plat
my current rental is around 33-34k in a saturn vue. i had one this past week with almost 30k.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:27 pm

The most I've seen was a little over 50,000 miles on a Dodge Caravan. These days it's pretty much the norm to see vehicles with over 30Ks.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: AF: Plat BD: Gold ICH: Plat Royal Ambassador
I dropped a 07 Camray back yesterday with 46k miles on the clock.

The car was in such bad condition that I made a complaint to the manager. The car vibrated when the breaks were used, and when driving between 40 and 60 MPH there was a whine from the rear wheels.

The returns agent who I spoke to first about the state of the car remarked that 'Hertz are saving money by keeping older cars' - to which I remarked that they were also loosing customers which such bad cars.

The good side to the story was that Hertz took this seriously, and i recieved a $100 voucher, plus a part refund of the non prepaid part of the rental. I only had the car for a day.

Hertz is a quality car rental company, and a car approaching 50K should not be part of their range.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 8:04 am

Programs: DL FO, US Silver, MR Plat, HH Silver
I just got a G6 with 37K out of DCA this morning, which is the highest I can ever remember getting. Surprisingly very clean (though the black interior may hide some of that) and it seems to run fine.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
What's really ironic is that I am driving a G6 from Enterprise right now and it has 16,000 miles on the clock. My G6 from Hertz last week was the exact same car with double the mileage. Used to be that Enterprise had crappier cars than Hertz, by far. But I'm paying $18.99 a day (for a Sun-Tues business rental) versus $60 or so per day that Hertz charges at MKE without a Saturday night stay. I have a business account with Enterprise so no hard sell on the insurance, and very efficient service - no line at the counter, so perhaps a minute or so longer from terminal to car than stopping at the Hertz Gold booth.

Like many FTers, I am starting to base my rentals more on price than anything else, since in the end, all I need is a set of wheels, and no loyalty program is worth paying higher rates (though Hertz is often lower than Enterprise on weekends at many locations) or receiving higher mileage cars. I've rented from Alamo, Enterprise, National, Avis, and Hertz so far this year and probably won't make elite status with any of them.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Yesterday I got a Toyota Highlander with 41K miles on the clock

Still a very well maintained car ! Scratches on the outside but 8$ gas for 40 miles city traffic (with 3 hours traffic jam) isnt bad.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:09 am

Programs: UA/*A: Silver, AZ/ST: Silver, AB/OW: Silver, HHonors: Diamond, Hyatt: Platinum
Yeah, last week, i got an '08 Tucson with 20k on it.

This weekend, they tried to give me a Santa Fe, Escape, with over 30k on them.

My Rav4 that I ended up taking had 22k on it. . .

Thank GOD for Japanese cars :-)
Old Mar 3, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold (2.5MM program miles), Airtran A+ Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I have been lucky enough to avoid joining the 35K club but my streak ended this week in OMA when I picked up a car with 35,500 miles. After seeing the mileage and the condition of the car, I would have asked for something else but the Gold Booth now closes at 8 pm () and the walk from the counter to the cars at OMA is one of the longest hikes I've seen at any airport.

Next time, I'll check the mileage on the paperwork before departing the counter.

This stuff is getting old, Hertz.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:58 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Past few rentals

1. Escalade with 3,000 - Sensational
2. Escalade with 8,000 - Not too bad
3. Escalade with 13,000 - Was average and dirty inside, it just needed a good detail and drove perfectly still.
4. Escalade with 18,000 - Poor condition inside and out, Hertz didn't have any more Escalades at this location.

Funnily enough at LAS, there were not many prestige vehicles to be seen, and when asking at the counter they even said they rarely see a prestige vehicle such as a Q7/Escalade/ZHZ Corvette anymore.

Old Mar 4, 2009, 4:38 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Last month in nyc, I rented a 08 Ford Explorer....with 35K miles!

It had Texas plates, yet was in NYC. Very strange. The SUV was fine and actually had pretty good mileage for an Explorer. Any other car I've ever rented has been under 15K. 2 that stand out are a 09 Corolla with 40 miles on it and a 09 Infiniti G37 with 140 miles on it.

I just become a Gold member so I hope I don't jinx it. It's my 4th rental of the year so it looks like I'm on my way to 5 Star...gulp..hope it's worth it.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I generally don't pay a lot of attention, but I do have a car right now with over 30,000 miles which seems high. It's a Mercedes C class and in good condition!
Update. I checked it has over 37,000 miles! Definitely high milage!

Last edited by CarolDisney1; Mar 5, 2009 at 1:02 pm
Old Mar 4, 2009, 9:15 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
I think my highest so far was the 22k 2008 Mazda 6 in late December 2008. Pretty sure this car had been hanging around my HLE all year, but it drove fine (put about 1000 miles on it) and was clean. I've got a Compact reserved today for one day grabbing from a different HLE office in town rather than the one nearest home, so we'll see what they give me later this afternoon. Never rented from this one before.

EDIT: Got 09 Corolla with 1300 miles, NJ plates. Still class C4 so technically an upgrade, woo. Turned it back in already, but it was fine, though I still hate the Corolla drivers seat 5 years after first encountering it. The contract was printed and waiting, I was in and out in about 1 minute flat. So far, so good at Baum Blvd HLE. Will rent again next week.

Last edited by CrazyOne; Mar 5, 2009 at 9:50 am
Old Mar 5, 2009, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
About 6 months ago I rented an auto in San Francisco that looked as if it had been in a major sand (rock) storm and had 28,000 miles. I think it must have been lost in the back corner of the garage for the past couple of years.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 7:33 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Given the anecdotal evidence in this thread, I don't think that the Hertz locations have a consistent understanding of the whole President's Club / Five Star elite memberships are about.

If these people are the top renters and revenue providers for your company, why give them clapped-out high-mileage cars, or Korean cars, or "upgrades" like these mentioned above?

Yes, SEA, I am thinking specifically about you.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I often got crappy Chevy with high mileage until last week I finally called Hertz asking them to put in my profile that I dont want american cars anymore.

First time I exchanged an Aveo at the airport against a Mazda 3, 3100 miles !

This weekend i got a Mazda 5 with 500 miles on the clock.

Reserved A both times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.