Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
About 28k on a Ford Focus once.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Thanks! My main concern with high mileage cars is whether they have been properly maintained. Based on your experience are you comfortable that regular maintenance is done? Are the tires, brakes, etc., checked on a regular schedule?
I appreciate your concern. I can tell you that when a rental car is in need of maintenance, it is red flagged in our system. The computer will not let us rent a vehicle if it is in need of service. Have you ever questioned why Hertz checks the miles when you return the rental? Even though it's unlimited miles? Well that is how we keep track on maintenance. On a Toyota Corolla we need to get the oil change every 5k. If the var has lets say 4,558 miles on it, then our computer system will only let us rent this out for no more than 3 days. It will say: ERROR~PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE REQUIRED. Once the vehicle's oil change is complete, a distrobution controller can only remove the vehicle hold once he/she has the receipt via faxed/ emailed. Hertz is very strict on reliability. Let's face it, we are 50% reliable while the car manufacturer is 50% reliable as well. Same for tires, brakes, etc;

I know it stinks to receive a vehicle with over 35k. I try the best I can to keep a younger fleet. My main concern would be cosmetic. Smoker car, stains, scratches, dents, etc;

Feel free to ask me anything you are curious to know...

Kind regards,

Da Hertz Guy
Old Sep 10, 2008, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by ih8complainers
I know it stinks to receive a vehicle with over 35k. I try the best I can to keep a younger fleet. My main concern would be cosmetic. Smoker car, stains, scratches, dents, etc;
Only issue I've ever had my high-mileage cars from Hertz was obviously worn brakes. Otherwise, most of the 25k+ cars I've gotten weren't really much different from the new ones.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by kaszeta
Only issue I've ever had my high-mileage cars from Hertz was obviously worn brakes. Otherwise, most of the 25k+ cars I've gotten weren't really much different from the new ones.

Excellent point my friend. It is our responsibility to occasionally check the brakes especially vehicles with over 30k. We do take customers concerns very serious when they notice something unfit such as brakes, noises, etc;
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I haven't rented from Hertz much but decided to give them a try at MKE last week as the Avis location there has gone downhill lately (short staffed, no upgrades for me as an Avis First, higher rates than anyone else, etc).

Got a Pontiac G6 with 32,009 miles. Texas plates...registration indicates this car was first on the road in October '07. That's a new high mileage-wise for me from any major rental agency, but at least there are no problems with the car. Tires, brakes, etc. all seem fine. But based on what others have posted in this thread, 32K seems to be about the max for a Hertz car, so hopefully this G6 is going into retirement soon.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, HH DIA, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
The '07 Kia Sportage I got last week at HOU had *drum roll please* 42,379 MILES! And I'm a 5* for what little it seems to be worth...
Old Feb 7, 2009, 5:55 pm

Programs: Some more than others
My highest was 42,430 renting a Pontiac G6 with Texas plates at MCI. Since I reserved a full size car already it wasn't the best Presidents Circle upgrade I've received. The car drove okay.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:01 pm

I guess I've been lucky so far. Highest I've had was a Mazda 5 with 15k on it.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by SCChris
My highest was 42,430 renting a Pontiac G6 with Texas plates at MCI. Since I reserved a full size car already it wasn't the best Presidents Circle upgrade I've received.
Well no kiddin' it wouldn't be the best upgrade you ever got, because it wasn't an upgrade. It wasn't even what you reserved. They downgraded you as a PC. I would've complained personally but to each their own.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I recently got a Mazda 6 with roughly 43K on the clock.

The car was in pretty bad shape and I just needed it for a one way from my HLE to the airport next morning so I cant blame them that they want to get rid of it. It was honestly the worst car I ever got from Hertz. The mat was ripped out, scratches all over and a damaged windshield. You should have seen the inspection form I forced to get very detailed for this particular rental

I have a little agreement with my HLE folks: I often have one ways to LAX so whenever they want to get rid of something I take it over there (as I dont care what sits in front of the house just for the night & its a 8 mile drive).

For this I just have to reserve an A for my weekends and almost always get something nice. Since I rent every weekend from Thursday till Sunday this is a great deal. Don't want a car for monday and tuesday because of street cleaning and wednesday is not important either.

Everything has it's advantages.

But: On a station that I dont frequent as much I would complain if a car is not meeting minimum standards that a premium customer should get.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I don't remember the exact make but it was around 25K.

I do remember one time I got this really crappy Subaru Imprezza (Toronto HLE) with a whole whack of miles on it.... not sure if this was the one with 25K... could've been more.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I don't remember the exact make but it was around 25K.

I do remember one time I got this really crappy Subaru Imprezza (Toronto HLE) with a whole whack of miles on it.... not sure if this was the one with 25K... could've been more.
I got an Imprezza last week and even though they are ugly, it had alot of power. I actually enjoyed driving it.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I got an Imprezza last week and even though they are ugly, it had alot of power. I actually enjoyed driving it.
True. I did feel like I was going on a road rally.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA 2.7MM LTP, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Nat'l Emerald Exec)
I just had a Cadillac with 34500 on it in Nashville. The XMRadio subscription had expired and the seat was sprung, but it was still a nice car, and 5X better than the Lincoln they tried to give me.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, UA silver, Hertz PC
37433 miles

Just finished a 4 day rental out of PDX, Ford Mustang with 37433 miles, cig burn in drivers seat, small crack in windshield. Plus I am Presidents Circle, so much for those special upgraded cars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.