Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2008, 6:26 pm

Programs: QF SG,Hyatt Diamond,SQ PPS,PC AMB
Originally Posted by AndDee
I have found over the past few years cars seem to be having more and more kms on it, in both the USA and here in Australia

In Australia we have HLE's (Which are all privately owned), these locations have the oldest cars and really don't care.

I have had cars in Australia from the HLE's with around 30,000-40,000 miles on it (of course displayed in KM's down here)

I made a complaint and spoke to the complaints department, the first person didn't care and pretty much said bad luck. Another person I spoke to said avoid renting from HLE's if you want new cars.

After three high mileage rentals from the HLE I now rent from the airport here, and get cars with only a few hundred miles on it and always get upgraded. Unfortunately this means paying a bit extra for the airport surcharge but I get better service and my car is waiting with my name on the board. The HLE doesn't have a board.

Just got a Brand New Commodore Omega from Perth Airport with 7km on the clock
Happy Days!
Old Mar 21, 2008, 6:51 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Its been about a year so I don't remember the exact mileage, but at EIS I was given a car with over 80,000 miles on it. It ran just fine though.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:51 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Aussie Battler
Just got a Brand New Commodore Omega from Perth Airport with 7km on the clock
Happy Days!
Commodore - Yuck
Old Mar 22, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
dumpy rental in MCO

got a new-ish looking Mazda 3 at MCO...had 28K miles on it. Drove alright and I was only driving locally so I didn't care.

28K miles? expected that at an HLE...not a major airport like MCO!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 9:49 am

I just turned in a PT Cruiser (I dislike them) with 25,600 miles and a tranny in need of service because it clunked when downshifting for stops. But the agent took another $20 off when I mentioned it for the inconvenience so ^.

I have noticed more and more higher mileage cars.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I just rented a car one-way from MCO-FLL for a long weekend. I didn't even check to see what it was, but it was a piece of junk.

It had 27,241 miles on it and made horrible noise when I drove it. I picked up the car late and didn't feel like returning it.

I think I'm going to start renting at Avis at MCO from now on. The last two times I've picked up cars at the airport location they've been horrible.

Rich
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hertz #1, HHonors
The Stamford/Fairfield/Norwalk CT area has typically has C cars that have close to or around 25k miles.

I did get an S80 in SFO with ~27k miles on it once....didn't have my name on the board...went in, got the keys along with a $50 certificate. Was Christmas day, and it was only for 3 days. Car had a VERY noisy windshield wiper motor.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I had a Camry yesterday with 27,545 miles on it. Rented from ORF.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 9:34 am
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by AndDee
I have found over the past few years cars seem to be having more and more kms on it, in both the USA and here in Australia

In Australia we have HLE's (Which are all privately owned), these locations have the oldest cars and really don't care.

I have had cars in Australia from the HLE's with around 30,000-40,000 miles on it (of course displayed in KM's down here)
Hertz in Tasmania is franchised, even at the airport. I once rented a car with 80K klms (~50K miles).

In the States, the highest mileage Hertz car I've had has been at 29K.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:15 pm
ATB

The Lexus IS250 at FLL had near 30k if I recall. The bigger issue was that the friendly computer told me I needed oil service soon when I picked it up and by 1/2 way through the rental it was demanding I get an oil service NOW.

Is this a new thing with Hertz..sending cars out in desperate need of an oil change?

Also, they apparently don't consider the IS250 to be a prestige rental; it lacked NeverLost.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by ATB
Also, they apparently don't consider the IS250 to be a prestige rental; it lacked NeverLost.
I think the IS is a Specialty vehicle of another class.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
BWI this past Saturday issued me an Impala with 31542 on the dial.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL FO, US Silver, MR Plat, HH Silver
This week at DCA I got G6 with about 32k on it. Runs fine, but the interior is wrecked, didn't realize how bad it was until I got out of the garage.

I think I've gotten mustang with over 30k on it too from DCA.

Last edited by vtmike; Apr 9, 2008 at 4:06 pm
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:31 pm

A lot of experience: never over 30K, usually well under 25K

I rent a lot of Hertz cars, about 80-100 a year, for the past 5 years. I NEVER got a car over 30K, barely ever got ones over 25K. Most were under 10K. I have had a number that were brand new (1 or 2 miles on them).
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:09 am

Programs: NW Worldperks Gold, IC Hotels Platimum, HHonors Diamond, Marriot Gold, Hertz Pres. Cir.,
At PBI a few weeks ago, I got a Camry with TX plates, lots of dings on the doors and fenders, and 37K miles on it. I got in late, and had to rush to a customer site, so I did not have time to complain or exchange. I did let them know about it on return, though.

Not what I usually expect with PC.

I have had more and more high mile cars lately, and not nearly the level of upgrades that PC seemed to get in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.