Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My hertz rental experience

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Unhappy My hertz rental experience

Just wanted to share my rental experience.
I am a hertz gold member and had a luxury rental for 2 weeks.
Received an Infiniti FX35 with 40000 miles on the odometer. I received this car at 4:00PM instead of 12:00PM as they had no car available. I had to make 3 trips to the HLE agency. The second time around I got an FX35 which needed an oil change and it would take an additional hour and a half. Finally when I received the car it was in poor condition(the 3rd trip).
The interior was smoked in. Every time I accelerated the car instrument cluster went haywire with VDC and the brake coming on simultaneously. When I applied the brake the whole car shook. I called the hertz hotline and they said that I would have to wait for a few hours before they could come pick it up. I drove it to the airport to get it replaced.
Received a 2010 CTS with a FE2?? package. It was a nice with the bi-xenon self leveling headlamps and the panoramic sunroof. With 15000 miles on the odometer.
I lost a day and my hotel reservations at my destination because of this entire fiasco. Branch manager was courteous and I knew it was not his fault. Hope that this does not happen again and I can carry on using hertz in the future. The economy did a toll on everyone and that is why they were not replacing their fleet.
I hope they replace the fleet with good cars. Its sad that they stopped supplying ORD with Audi or the Mercedes E- Class.
Has anyone else had a similar experience where they have received dilapidated and cars in poor condition? Also what was bad about the car you received?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
High mileage - and the conditions that result - is a common complaint.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...-give-you.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.