Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Price doubled since booking when viewing reservation online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC

This is a new one for me. I've been renting with Hertz for 9 years and been PC for most of that time. A month ago I booked cars in two different cites for next week with my company's CDP at a decent rate (~$30/day). I look online tonight just to double-check things and the price now shows $54/day and they added LDW for about ~$30/day. What gives? Is it just a website bug? I plan to call tomorrow but wanted to see if others have seen the same issue.

I tried to create a few reservations from scratch in random cities using that same CDP that I've been using for these 9 years and I'm seeing things like $80/day or no cars available. Is this a way of telling me that CDP is no longer valid and I need to get another one?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:15 pm

Sounds like your company re-negotiated their agreement with Hertz, thus the new rates. Have you tried calling your company's travel department? With a price jump like that, they may well have ditched Hertz in which case I'm guessing you'll find your old $30/day rate over at Avis or National.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Thanks. That's what I plan to do today.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:24 am

I noticed that when my employer renegotiated our contract, not only did the rates increase moderately (10%), but they seem to have added blackout days to the contract rate. So e.g. any bookings at DTW that included December 23rd were astronomically higher than bookings before and after that day.

Could be rate increase, could be your company is switching providers and hasn't told you (I noticed our rate changes on the website weeks before anything was posted internally), could be blackout dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.