Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus
!

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
DUB
Luxury - BMW 520d or similar (I)
None
Yes - BMW 730d (Z6) 😃👍
Great upgrade! I've never seen the 7 series in the fleet - although I've got the Jag XF twice now.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:20 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
LGA
Reserved: G
Received: 2015 I BuickLaCross. Nice upgrade; Premium 2 trim (fully loaded) and 12,500 miles on the odometer.
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
NYC HLE
PC
Reserved: Premium (G)
Received: 2015 Buick Lacrosse (Luxury (I)) with 14k miles. Had it for a road trip, and really an excellent highway cruiser. Don't know if it was the 3.6 or 2.4, but had plenty of pep, and got 30mpg+ on the highway, 27mpg overall average, pretty good for a not small car. Huge trunk as well.
Hey FlyinHawaiian - did you drop off your LaCrosse at an HLE location per your usual? I wonder if we had two FTers get the same car.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Hey FlyinHawaiian - did you drop off your LaCrosse at an HLE location per your usual? I wonder if we had two FTers get the same car.
Thought crossed my mind too. Car was "champagne," with MA plates.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:55 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
This was a rare case when I actually had a Sunday departure out of LGA so I took the M60 to LGA to pick up the car the day before, ran my errands, and then dropped the car back at LGA before my flight out.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:40 am

My recent upgrades / downgrade

Booked C
PC
Northampton

Went in was told might have better cars later didnt have much so Took a B group Renault Clio as agreed to swap at airport. At Manchester airport they had a Volvo V40 D4 Lux Nav model. Took and whilst driving some engine light came on, swapped to a Mazda MX 5 I think it was some 4x4 at Birmingham Airport, dont like Mazda's too fuel heavy so dropped back at Northampton next day and they deliver me later at work a Audi A3 SLine Sports Back - Auto. Only shame is that its a petrol and not Diesel. But better that then a B180 or V40

Interestingly the car is classed as a E3 which I am told is on par with F group?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:51 am

Regensburg, Germany, Straubinger Strasse, Corporate Location
5*
Reserved: Group M (Opel Mokka Automatic or similar)
Options: None
Upgrade: Yes, Ford Kuga 2.0 Diesel Automatic with GPS and some goodies, Group N (Ford Mondeo Automatic or similar)
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:53 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Stockholm Arlanda Airport
PC
Reserved: S6/FCAR (Volvo S60 T6 R-Design "exact model")
Received: Z6/LFAR Range Rover Sport (TDV6)

A bit tougher to park than the S60 would have been, but a nice upgrade nonetheless.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Titanium
Thumbs down

LAX
Reserved:F
Received:F4(with the some one claimed 1 class upgrade)
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: IHG PC Plat
PMI Mallorca

Palma Majorca Airport, End of Aug

Gold 5*

Booked 2x Seat Leon Petrol or Similar (CDMR)

Yes Upgraded to:

1x Hyundai IX35 Diesel (IFMR)
1x VW Tiguan 2.0 Diesel (IFMR)

Happy with that!

Rawy

Last edited by rawy; Sep 7, 2015 at 7:49 am
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
SFO, Presidents Circle
Booked intermediate
Got Merc C300, with 1800 miles on the clock.
This follows my previous rental there where I got a Dodge Charger, a truly horrible car but an upgrade nevertheless.

A fantastic change from the 40,000 mile wrecks I got much of last year.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
LHR, Presidents' Circle
Booked C - Ford Focus or similar
Got M - Mazda CX3 automatic

Not sure that it belongs in the 'M' class but very happy with the upgrade. Great car.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
LHR, Presidents' Circle
Booked C - Ford Focus or similar
Got M - Mazda CX3 automatic

Not sure that it belongs in the 'M' class but very happy with the upgrade. Great car.
I have had in the past as a F, think they are regrouping again or it has something extra. Its a nice powerful machine either way 2.2 engine if i remember rightly. I just hate the way it connects to the phone at start, takes it a while to download. Tomtom as your inbuilt nav you cant complain!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:23 am

I bet no-one can beat my upgrade this morning

Booked C
Was due to receive E - Audi A3 Auto

they forgot to collect, were going to drop me to work and later drop off as they were busy I said let me take anything and you can have someone pickup whatever you give me my car later. Took

Assigned Group - NA (actually says NA on tag) Ford Transit Custom - A highway maintenance vehicle with your flashing lights.

You can be sure the I drove to work with the lights flashing, felt like a little kid lol So if you so some erratic driving from a highway maintenance vehicle with lights flashing this morning on the A5 with a crazy looking driver you can be sure it was me!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:10 am

What upgrade can i expect?

If i have booked an (Class E) vehicle - Auto Ford Focus or similar from Manchester (UK) airport. What type of vehicle will i be upgraded to as Gold Plus Rewards 5 Star. This will be a one way drop off to another UK airport.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
If there is no upgrade availability, you'll get an 'E' - the last E I had was a Kia Cee'd. There aren't that many in the fleet though, so you've got a good chance of an F - could be an Audi A3 (apparently also in 'E'), Skoda Octavia, Mercedes B-Class, Mazda CX-5, or just about anything else that sort of size with an automatic transmission.

However if it's a one-way, they may want to give you a car to take back to its 'home' location, in which case you could get just about anything. If they don't have anything to send home, they may try to give you something they want to get rid of, e.g., due to body damage, high mileage, etc. (30k, 13 plate Ford Galaxy, I'm thinking of you).

On 'C' and 'D' bookings as a President's Circle with a dire stock situation, I've had a Mercedes E-Class, Ford Galaxy, Volvo XC60, Mitsubshi Shogun, and so on. Quite likely if stock is low and/or they want a one-way car to send back - an Audi A4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.