Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz HLE: Pick up & drop-off service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Hertz HLE: Pick up & drop-off service

Most HLE claim to offer free pick-up & drop-off service (presumably, to compete with Enterprise). I have tried taking them up on this offer 3 times, and have always been declined, with various excuses ("not during rush hour", "nobody available during the next 2 hours to do it", "we've never heard of this service"). Has anyone ever had success using this service, or for the future should I simply assume they won't perform?
Old Oct 10, 2005, 8:36 pm

Programs: WN CP
I am curious if you're requesting pick-up at the last minute or if you've scheduled it in conjunction with a reservation.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Call the location 1 hour before I need the service,

which is the advance notice the web site claims they need. I make all my reservations online, and as far as I can see there is no way to request the service at the time of reservation.

Originally Posted by curbcrusher
I am curious if you're requesting pick-up at the last minute or if you've scheduled it in conjunction with a reservation.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do this regularly with the HLE on W. Broad Street in Falls Church, VA, when I have a local business trip that is a driving trip. I have never once had an issue. Usually, I make the reservation a few days in advance & when I do, I call the station manager immediately to let him know that I'll need a pick up on this day at this time & then I call again that morning about 30 minutes before I need to be picked up & its never been a problem. I actually really like this service & its the main reason why I rent from this HLE instead of Enterprise (which is what my company prefers we use for local non-airport rentals - we are supposed to use Hertz for airport rentals though).

You're a Hertz PC member - if I were you, I would definitely complain - this is an advertised benefit of renting from them. I'm a 5* & haven't had this issue. It may just be you have a crappy station manager.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:15 am

Location: newnan, ga, usa PM and 2mm Delta, LPM Marriott, Diamond Hyatt, Diamond Best Western, gold NW, Platinum 6C Priority
Ditto, call the property a day ahead and have never had a problem. They will even close the office if there is only one person available
Old Oct 11, 2005, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
HLE in downtown Akron has been fine with delivering and picking up a vehicle. Being Gold they deliver it with the paperwork in it and just leave it off with me. Another employee in another car gives the first employee a ride back. One rental involved dropping off and picking up the car at home since I didn't have a ride and the pickup at the conclusion of the rental was several hours later than planned, but that didn't matter since someone was home anyway to give them the keys and they didn't charge anything extra for the extra hours that the car sat in my driveway waiting for them.

The one key is to arrange pickup in advance. I'd complain if they decline to pick up since it is an advertised service.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
The last post is how it should be.

Pick up in the car you are being given. I can understand going back to the office for paperwork, but ideally they should just bring the paperwork with them. What is frustrating is to be picked up in one car, and then have to move all of the luggage out of the car at the HLE office, and then load up a second car.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I live about 7 minutes from my HLE - so, the process is usually they pick me up in the car that I will be renting - paperwork all ready to go - then we go back to the HLE (the Hertz guy drives) - they give me the keys & I'm on my way. On the return, I just show up at the HLE & pick up a person, head back to my house for drop-off & then the Hertz guy drives the car back to the lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.