Totally sold out at PIT today?

Subscribe
Seems odd that Hertz would have zero cars available, but I've tried various things and nothing gives me Hertz availability today at PIT.

Is this something that happens with regularity, or is it more likely to be some kind of glitch?
There is a Hertz local edition on Clairton Blvd if you really want to rent from Hertz.
As per selling out, I have no idea. I periodically rent from Hertz at PIT (when I need a second car, and they are pretty cheap on weekends) and have never had that problem.
Yeah. I dunno. Not sure that I need it today anyway (which is why I didn't book it earlier), and I guess I could do something novel like pick up the phone and ask. But FTers know all, so I just thought I'd see if anyone knew.

Wish there were more HLE choices around here. I could rent from someone else, but I have a possibility of making 5 Star, so I'd like to rent from Hertz as much as possible. Probably not bad enough to go to Clairton blvd or the County Airport, though.
Try extending your rental period - i.e. instead of renting for 2 days, rent for 5 & see if that opens up some inventory for you. Then just return the car early.
Hm, that was it. If I put in 3 days instead of 2, it will give me inventory. Not desirable (50-odd bucks a day for midsize even with discount CDPs), but it is there. Tis okay, because I'm not going to do it now anyway. I'm not really ready for my trip. I was thinking about having it coincide with picking my girlfriend up at the airport this evening, but now she's delayed at PVD for an extra few hours, so it'll be kinda late, and I was already pushing it to be ready for this work trip anyway. (Yeah, pretty much my work trips now involve going to the airport to get a car rather than a plane. I was driving my own car, but a change in policy has made me rethink that.)

Interesting note about trying to charge extra. Last time I rented 3 days at PIT, I actually said I might get back in 2 days and would they take a day off? He said "Oh, yeah, we'd never charge you for more than you use" or something like that. So I doubt that would be a big problem at PIT, but it's a point well taken, something to watch out for.

I just can't figure out what the event is that makes them have so few cars today. The other companies have cars. The Senior Olympics? Just seems odd to me that that would be it. It is true that I've always picked up on a weekend day (even for work it was a Sunday evening), so I'm not used to checking the midweek inventory here.
It could be the Senior Olympics. If that's the case, I'd hate to see their inventory during the CITGO Bassmaster classic.