Beware of Hertz San Diego AP and your Profile

Subscribe
I've rented about 20 times from the Hertz SD AP in the last year.

The last ~10 did not have airline miles posted when I requested them. Later when I ask Hertz to credit me for them they did so fair enough but it did take extra time.

The part that really bugs me is that I put never lost as a preference in my profile thinking that, based on my 5 Star Status, they might see I like it and give it to me as part of a free upgrade every now and then.

But what happened is Hertz San Diego Airport (and only Hertz San Diego Airport) overrode my direct reservation and cost to add neverlost. This increased the price and over charged me. Then they make it a very large hassle later to change it back or get credit when I didn't spot it until returning.

There are still a few I over paid for that I didn't notice until after returning the car.

This is not fair. They don't override for other items such as car class and make you pay more base on your preference, but they do for neverlost.

The San Diego AP office is very bad in my opinion.
If you have neverlost checked as a preference, then they will charge you for it each and everytime. I took it off my preference because I was getting it with the car class most of the time.

Just take it off and I think all will be ok. I rent cars all the time via the SAN area and they don't charge me for the NL at all. They did when I had it in my profile.

SAN is one of the better locations for getting upgrades and nice cars. I rent alot from them, either via the local edition or just from the airport. Great people at the gold booth and they will work with you as best they can.
I rent from San Diego Location about every three weeks for 3 day rentals and have had better luck with other rental places for upgrades. San Diego has typically given me a hard time when I ask compared to other locations.

As you mentioned I took neverlost off my profile too, at least once I figured out why SD was inflating my bills. Buts its sad that they override your direct reservation for neverlost but not vehicle type - quite inconsistent and not documented in any obvious place I've look on thier web site.

I really wonder if presidents club is any better than 5 Star. I'm close to 40 rentals this year and could push to qualify if it really had a benefit.

Quote: If you have neverlost checked as a preference, then they will charge you for it each and everytime. I took it off my preference because I was getting it with the car class most of the time.

Just take it off and I think all will be ok. I rent cars all the time via the SAN area and they don't charge me for the NL at all. They did when I had it in my profile.

SAN is one of the better locations for getting upgrades and nice cars. I rent alot from them, either via the local edition or just from the airport. Great people at the gold booth and they will work with you as best they can.