Wiki Posts
Search

Ford Taurus luggage room??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2004, 11:29 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Ford Taurus luggage room??

Help! Have only rented from Hertz one other time - 5 years ago.

Am renting a full size car at Corpus Christi for 31 days. On line it shows a Ford Taurus (example) with luggage room for 1 large and 2 small suitcases. There will be 3 adults traveling.

A few questions:
Is this accurate for the Ford Taurus?? I checked other compay's full size cars and all of them show at least 4 large suitcases.

I just got a gold # and applied it to the reservation. Is there a chance I will get an upgrade? I know the first time after getting a gold #, I have to go to the counter and do the paper work.

Has anyone else rented from Corpus Christi? What was it like. I had a coupon for an upgrade and couldn't use it because they don't accept it there .
Old Nov 13, 2004, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by wonderer
On line it shows a Ford Taurus (example) with luggage room for 1 large and 2 small suitcases. There will be 3 adults traveling.

That would have to be one really, really big suitcase to fill up a Taurus - as in you would have had to pay some oversize baggage fees to get it on the plane. Luggage for 3 adults, unless your packed for a month-long stay, should be fine, IMHO. And you always have the spare rear seat and footwell if needed.

The description sounds more like a Mustang trunk.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 7:31 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, HI Platinum, Delta Platinum
I have been able to get three suitcases and three rolling laptop cases in the trunk of a Taurus.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 8:31 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks, this is reassuring. Was hopeing the site was not accurate.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 8:43 am

I travel with 3 large Pelican cases. I can get two of them in the trunk perfectly.

Trunk is better than the Grand Marquis.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 9:45 am
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
I think the Impala has a bigger trunk than the Taurus - and we're seeing more and more Impalas in Hertz's fleet (many with leather and sunroofs) as Ford scales down production of the Taurus.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 8:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Impala much better car than Taurus.

Originally Posted by das
I think the Impala has a bigger trunk than the Taurus - and we're seeing more and more Impalas in Hertz's fleet (many with leather and sunroofs) as Ford scales down production of the Taurus.
I recently rented a Taurus. Terrible gas mileage at freeway speeds & smaller than Impala. Impala gets decent mileage, has more room & I think trunk is bigger.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by wonderer
I just got a gold # and applied it to the reservation. Is there a chance I will get an upgrade? I know the first time after getting a gold #, I have to go to the counter and do the paper work.
You may get an upgrade, it all depends on what their availability is.

For my first gold reservation, the agent had me sign the paperwork then said "welcome to gold, how about an upgrade for $2/day (from midsize to full) and this car has Sirrus which we won't charge you for". This worked out well for me, since it was only a 1-day rental to begin with.

It NEVER hurts to ask about an upgrade -- or even just to ask what cars they might have available for you. Since you are doing such a long rental, it is certainly worth taking the time to try and get a car you are willing to live with for a month.

As other posters have mentioned, if you are renting a full size try to get an Impala. Otherwise, just see what they have available and are willing to let you drive off the lot -- you might even get an SUV (which could be a good or bad thing depending on your gas budget and parking requirements ).

Last edited by noah; Nov 15, 2004 at 4:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.