FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Comprehensive Hertz CDP#'s (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/362988-comprehensive-hertz-cdp-s.html)

nabster Oct 12, 2004 7:03 pm

Comprehensive Hertz CDP#'s

Does anyone see value in a list of CDP's and the %off associated with it? (without any coupons etc)

I know its almost impossible to get a truly comprehensive list, but is it worth trying to give it a shot to see how it goes?

Beckles Oct 13, 2004 7:16 am

In my experience while there may be a "base" % off associated with a CDP, the actual % off for any given rental can vary widely, so I still check a few when I'm making a rental.

SealBeach Oct 15, 2004 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles
In my experience while there may be a "base" % off associated with a CDP, the actual % off for any given rental can vary widely, so I still check a few when I'm making a rental.

In some cases such as one ways, using a CDP can result in a higher rate quote on Hertz.com, so it always pays to check and/or call Hertz reservations as they can usually cut through the confusion and get you the lowest available rate quote without too much trouble.

Anjanettea Oct 23, 2004 3:25 pm

I only use 2 CDP's

AMEX Gold: 306613
AMEX Platinum: 211762 (Hertz Rep just gave me code)
ABA: 13000
E-Rewards: 1475777 (CDP rates tend to be high)

In the past, I have been told that you have to use your AMEX card in order to get the discount, however, this past weekend, I used my Capital One card with the AMEX CDP with no problem.

If you play with someone of the CDP's you will run across different companies. AMEX other 2 numbers are: 306612 and 306614, but 306615 is someone else (can't remember right now).

Sandi

KathyWdrf Oct 23, 2004 5:22 pm

A lot of us use our corporate CDPs, which I believe are supposed to be used only by employees or people associated in some way with the particular corporation. Not a good idea to publish those on a BB, IMO.

The corporate CDP associated with my Hertz #1 Gold account gives me LDW included (no extra charge) in all rentals. That is a valuable benefit, and is one of the reasons I use Hertz more often than other rental companies. (However, I don't rent cars very often when I travel.) That, and the Gold service is generally superior to the service at other companies; and I find the rates to be competitive as well, especially when I use Hertz promos to knock something off the rate.

Anjanettea Oct 23, 2004 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
A lot of us use our corporate CDPs, which I believe are supposed to be used only by employees or people associated in some way with the particular corporation. Not a good idea to publish those on a BB, IMO.

Kathy,
I do agree with your statement about posting codes, but can't this list be used in the same manner in which the Marriott Code thread is used? Anyone can you the AMEX codes I listed as long as they have an AMEX card. I'm attempting to find codes for Capital One, Visa or MasterCard, but no luck thus far.

Also, I thought I read on a thread within Flyer Talk, that anyone can get an ABA Discount Code. Apparently, the ABA allows non lawyer to join (how or why, I don't know), with the non-lawyer has to pay the appropriate fee.

Sandi

PS. Moderators, please feel free to remove the codes I posted.

ak_co Oct 25, 2004 7:39 am

I tried the few CDP's in this thread and in all cases my AAA CDP provided a better daily cost. Go figure...

QuietLion Oct 26, 2004 1:22 pm

AAA is usually the best, especially when combined with FRDM.

QL

[email protected] Oct 27, 2004 6:20 am

do you need the paper coupon when you get there

Originally Posted by QuietLion
AAA is usually the best, especially when combined with FRDM.

QL

nabster Oct 27, 2004 6:41 am

Originally Posted by [email protected]
do you need the paper coupon when you get there

nope, as a gold customer, I've just seen my name on the board, walked up and sat in my car and driven away

nabster Oct 27, 2004 6:43 am

what %off does AAA give you? I've usually not had great luck with getting more than 10-15% off with it

Le Voyageur Oct 27, 2004 7:19 am

Originally Posted by nabster
what %off does AAA give you? I've usually not had great luck with getting more than 10-15% off with it

I think that the max that you can get with AAA is 15 % but i always combine with other discounts. Double upgrade is one of my favorite to combine with my AAA.

pinniped Oct 27, 2004 8:21 am

Sure, I think a list of the widely-available CDP's would be helpful (e.g., stuff like Amex, Entertainment, various AAA codes (there are many), Costco, etc.). I for one have found the Marriott thread very useful - I've used codes from that thread to get amazing rates on several occasions - in all cases using codes that I am perfectly entitled to use, but I simply didn't know about.

In practice, I don't expect to hit many home runs with new CDP's at Hertz. But it can't hurt.

The Marriott thread got somewhat polluted with discussion about the ethics of "stealing" employee codes. Perhaps we can avoid going down that path here by NOT posting our corporate codes and sticking to the broader membership/organization codes that people can either use without restriction or (to be perfectly ethical) use after paying a membership fee to AAA, Costco, etc.

seawolf Oct 27, 2004 12:17 pm

The thing with corp cdp is that your CC and/or Hertz can argue to void any insurance in court by stating you misrepresented yourself since the contract itself explicited states you are a employee/member of XXX company/association in the event of a loss.

pinniped Oct 27, 2004 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
The thing with corp cdp is that your CC and/or Hertz can argue to void any insurance in court by stating you misrepresented yourself since the contract itself explicited states you are a employee/member of XXX company/association in the event of a loss.

Absolutely. I definitely would not give my company's CDP to non-employees or use someone else's CDP. I know our company contract has very specific insurance coverages built in. Could get messy if you use one of those inproperly and wrap a rental car around a telephone pole - a lot messier than simply boosting IBM's code for a hotel stay.