Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comprehensive Hertz CDP#'s

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
So I have to decide if I want to pay $23 to get the extra 1,800 Hertz points. Seems like it's worthwhile (except am I supposed to be flying on Southwest Airlines?). 1,800 points could be redeemed for 3 midweek days (for example).
This is a Southwest Airlines promo. I would expect you're going to get 1800 Southwest Rewards Points, not 1800 Hertz points.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by docbert
This is a Southwest Airlines promo. I would expect you're going to get 1800 Southwest Rewards Points, not 1800 Hertz points.
You're probably right. In which case, I'll stick to my AAA promo instead (unless I find an even cheaper promo between now and September).
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I experimented with this offer and got a rate that totaled $23 more than a particular upcoming 4-day weekend rental that I had previously quoted using an AAA CDP and PC. So I have to decide if I want to pay $23 to get the extra 1,800 Hertz points. Seems like it's worthwhile (except am I supposed to be flying on Southwest Airlines?). 1,800 points could be redeemed for 3 midweek days (for example).
You get up to 1800 Rapid Rewards points -instead of- Hertz points. Avis has a similar offer running as well. The southwest deal page is here:

http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...ml?id=62201997
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:53 pm

Also, I've got an AmEx Plat CDP and a AAA CDP. The AmEx Plat CDP offers the best base rate, but the AAA CDP allows for awesome AAA only PC codes ($10 off per weekend day, etc.) more often than not making AAA the best bet. Adding PC codes when using the AmEx CDP actually raises the rate for me by overruling the Pre-Pay part of the AmEx discount

Any suggestions for PC codes to use with the AmEx Plat CDP ?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by lowimpact
You get up to 1800 Rapid Rewards points -instead of- Hertz points. Avis has a similar offer running as well. The southwest deal page is here:

http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...ml?id=62201997
Thanks for the link. Yes, docbert already suggested it is Southwest points rather than Hertz points. So I'm sticking to my original plan (AAA discounts), at least for now.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by maggiew
Can you become a member of USAA but not get insurance, banking, etc. through them?

I believe I am eligible because my dad is a veteran. But I did the online verification and it says to call in. I don't want to call in and then they require I open up a banking account or something.

The USAA CDP gives a VERY good rate for my car rental. But I won't use the code unless I am actually a member of USAA.

Maggie
I got USAA through my Dad (he's a vet), and got car insurance at absurdly low rates as well as renters insurance. However, I understand that I am now a USAA member for life, even if I later cancel my insurance programs. So, it may be worth joining and taking one product, then canceling if you don't need it. I've never been more impressed with a company. USAA's CS is the best hands down, and their insurance rates were the lowest by far. And yes, I almost always use the USAA rate with Hertz, it's almost always the lowest.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: United, AA, Jetblue
Best overall cdp

Hey everyone!

After reading this thread. Which CDP is the best overall? Or the one I should make preferred in my account?

Also, when searching for a price how can I use one CDP at a time? Or can I use multiple CDPs while searching and pick the lowest price? (This is an insanely stupid question, I understand but I just need a push in the right direction please)

Thank you!

These are the ones I have so far:

AAA NEW YORK Delete Currently Preferred
ALLIED BUSI NETWORK INSTANT ID Delete Make Preferred
ETHYL ASIA PACIFIC CO Delete Make Preferred
EXPERT WEB CONSULTING LT Delete Make Preferred
GOVT EMPLOYEES MARKETPLACE Delete Make Preferred
KING OF CARS Delete Make Preferred
MARRIOTT REWARDS Delete Make Preferred
PLATINUM CARD FROM AMEX Delete Make Preferred
RECORDS CONSULTANTS INC Delete Make Preferred

Last edited by firsttimeflying; Mar 29, 2013 at 3:02 pm Reason: added CDPs
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:27 pm

There's a similar thread in the National forum, but stickied. Maybe we should do the same?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:35 am

I am getting a excellent rate for one-way rental using the CDP code provided to my wife by 'her company'. She has a valid Company Photo ID card in her name.

- We are travelling together.
- Reservation is in my name and I am the driver and is on my credit card covering insurance
- The pick-up location is an Airport but I am sure I would be interacting with an Hertz employee.
- I have declined LDW and other optional coverage offered by Hertz

When I say I am getting an excellent rate I mean a saving of around $100 (~$120 without CDP and ~$20 with CDP).

What are my chances that I would be able to get away with using the CDP!
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ank1t
I am getting a excellent rate for one-way rental using the CDP code provided to my wife by 'her company'. She has a valid Company Photo ID card in her name.

- We are travelling together.
- Reservation is in my name and I am the driver and is on my credit card covering insurance
- The pick-up location is an Airport but I am sure I would be interacting with an Hertz employee.
- I have declined LDW and other optional coverage offered by Hertz

When I say I am getting an excellent rate I mean a saving of around $100 (~$120 without CDP and ~$20 with CDP).

What are my chances that I would be able to get away with using the CDP!
They usually check only the best rates (IBM, Gov't), so if you're a Gold member (where you don't go to the counter), odds are very low you'd be checked. However, based on the rate you are describing, you may be one of those few exceptions that are checked every time.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hi there, Need a Rate for the Philadelphia 30th Street Station. Arrive on a Saturday Evening around 7:30. That office is closed and the locations close by have very high rates. Any thoughts (Renting Saturday evening till Tuesday Morning) Found a $78 all in but the location is several miles away ( andcloses at 9:00 pm on Saturday and opens at 8:00 am on Tuesday) Train departure is at 9:00, thus my concerns.. ) Thanks in advance for any help..
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:14 pm

Thanks. That is reassuring. Just to be on safer side I made reservations at three different location in the city.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Silver
does doing a "pay now" reservation increase the amount of time it takes to drive away as a gold member? i'm trying to book a car for an upcoming trip and can save quite a bit if i use my company's CDP and then even more if pay now on top of it, but i'd almost rather pay a bit more if i'm going to be forced to go to the counter by using pay now...
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:22 pm
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by crackers8199
does doing a "pay now" reservation increase the amount of time it takes to drive away as a gold member? i'm trying to book a car for an upcoming trip and can save quite a bit if i use my company's CDP and then even more if pay now on top of it, but i'd almost rather pay a bit more if i'm going to be forced to go to the counter by using pay now...
There should be no difference in you're picking up at a location with Gold Canopy
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:55 pm

Amex Plat working best for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.