Comprehensive Hertz CDP#'s

Subscribe
Quote: The thing with corp cdp is that your CC and/or Hertz can argue to void any insurance in court by stating you misrepresented yourself since the contract itself explicited states you are a employee/member of XXX company/association in the event of a loss.
That's a really interesting point. I've been using an IBM CDP for the past 20 years, mostly as a vendor to or partner with IBM, in smaller companies.

Now that I'm working for another large vendor (and competitor to IBM), I took a look at our travel policy. Here's what it says:

"The Corporate Discount Identification Number must be in the rental agreement or the traveler will not be covered by insurance (see exceptions under the Insurance section below). [Company] policy states that you must book all reservations through [Company] Travel or [Company] Travel Online which will then automatically apply the Corporate Discount Identification Number to your reservation. Failure to add the correct Corporate Discount Identification Number will impact the rate and insurance inclusions applied to the rental."

Ouch. I'm using [Company] CDPs from now on. The good news is that we get rates similar to those offered by the IBM CDP.

Lee
CDP1916226 $338.80 always everywhere
I use CDP 1916226 and select Quote me the program my company has negotiated SFO price was 338.80 for 1 week full size also better rates on mini vans and SUV's with discount LDW no ID needed. If you have a gold account everyone should they giving them away free. Just pickup the car up yopu never see any at the counter.

AAA = 400.47
AMX = 409.57

In SJC I save $180.00
CDP better pricing
CDP 1927992 gave me 160+40 off with Pc code at HLE for a week plus discounted LDW. Nice
employee CDP
When using the Hertz employee CDP it will not give you a different rate when you use the correct one, which is (1843342). However if you want an even better discount year round, you will want to try the USAA CDP (77694) which Hertz is attempting to gain preferred customer status with and will do anything for a USAA customer. USAA waives the underage fee and allows driver down to age 18 drive. Other best ways to get good deals at Hertz would be to mention that someone in your family is a Platinum member (Hertz only invites these customers in for doing mega business with them). Keep in mind that Hertz is very customer service oriented and knowing the city managers name will get you places also. It usually is posted by the gold area or at their rental counter. And finally, ever Hertz rental at return is given a customer survey. This is huge for Hertz, mentioning this will also get you places. Always remember that getting out of control angry will never work, keep yourself calm, act confident in what you are telling them and this will go a lot further.
Quote: When using the Hertz employee CDP it will not give you a different rate when you use the correct one, which is (1843342). However if you want an even better discount year round, you will want to try the USAA CDP (77694) which Hertz is attempting to gain preferred customer status with and will do anything for a USAA customer. USAA waives the underage fee and allows driver down to age 18 drive. Other best ways to get good deals at Hertz would be to mention that someone in your family is a Platinum member (Hertz only invites these customers in for doing mega business with them). Keep in mind that Hertz is very customer service oriented and knowing the city managers name will get you places also. It usually is posted by the gold area or at their rental counter. And finally, ever Hertz rental at return is given a customer survey. This is huge for Hertz, mentioning this will also get you places. Always remember that getting out of control angry will never work, keep yourself calm, act confident in what you are telling them and this will go a lot further.
thx
Quote: When using the Hertz employee CDP it will not give you a different rate when you use the correct one, which is (1843342). However if you want an even better discount year round, you will want to try the USAA CDP (77694) which Hertz is attempting to gain preferred customer status with and will do anything for a USAA customer. USAA waives the underage fee and allows driver down to age 18 drive. Other best ways to get good deals at Hertz would be to mention that someone in your family is a Platinum member (Hertz only invites these customers in for doing mega business with them). Keep in mind that Hertz is very customer service oriented and knowing the city managers name will get you places also. It usually is posted by the gold area or at their rental counter. And finally, ever Hertz rental at return is given a customer survey. This is huge for Hertz, mentioning this will also get you places. Always remember that getting out of control angry will never work, keep yourself calm, act confident in what you are telling them and this will go a lot further.
hmm i got an extremely low rate with the employee rate.
Why No CDP List for Hertz?
There's one in the National forum .

(Not that I'm volunteering)
Quote: hmm i got an extremely low rate with the employee rate.
I did too! Do they usually ask for any proof that you are a Hertz employee with that rate? Is the rate open to family members?
Employee CDP gives a big discount!
Are there any problems possible regarding this code when you're not a Hertz employee?
Quote: Employee CDP gives a big discount!
Are there any problems possible regarding this code when you're not a Hertz employee?
Ditto on this question too! However I probably know the answer anyway lol.

A mock booking I made with the CDP provided no options to pre-pay online, having only the option to pay at location. Which is were I would imagine they ask for proof of employee status.

I love a deal like everyone else, but I don't think I could handle (in my case) after a 10hr flight having the stress of not being sure of the cdp sticking, or in worse case, having no car at all because of it.
Did anyone use this Hertz Employee 2012 CDP?
Did they ask for any proof of that?

Thanks!
Thanks for the head up on the USAA CDP. I joined today (I have no military affiliation). 2 days from RDU was $177, now with the USAA CDP it came to $129.
Quote: Did anyone use this Hertz Employee 2012 CDP?
Did they ask for any proof of that?

Thanks!
I would also appreciate knowing if anyone had any luck with this. The discount is pretty massive.
When using the USAA discount do they ever ask for your membership card?
This thread reminds me that ethics are personal and quite variable.