Community
Wiki Posts
Search

a few good coupon codes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
a few good coupon codes

update:

original coupon codes removed/no longer valid - please be sure to take a look at recent posts in the thread for the most recent discount codes as well. eventually i will get around to updating this original post. thanks!

I pair the coupon codes with CDP 1499607 to get another 5-10% off, but your CDP may be better.

Last edited by snorkmaster; Jun 1, 2010 at 7:52 pm Reason: updated info
Old Aug 25, 2004, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
PC 924932 - free day on minimum 2 day rental

PC 955091 - $20 off of minimum 2 day rental (obviously, the better option when the rate is sub-$20)

i pair the coupon codes with CDP 1499607 to get another 10% off, but your CDP may be better...
Great info - thanks! One question - where did you get the PC #'s (website, magazine) - I usually try to have a printout/copy of the coupon info when the return agent asks lots of questions. Thanks again
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
PC 924932 is associated with the Business Account Program -- I suspect it should work on any CDP (it's available on the Hertz page)

I don't remember where 955091 comes from -- probably a gold e-mail?

"It's some internet coupon code" has always worked when agents have had questions about a PC (with the exception of Double Take.)
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
PC 924932 is associated with the Business Account Program -- I suspect it should work on any CDP (it's available on the Hertz page)

I don't remember where 955091 comes from -- probably a gold e-mail?

"It's some internet coupon code" has always worked when agents have had questions about a PC (with the exception of Double Take.)
Thanks for the details - "some internet code" generally works for me too

I guess I should have searched the website a bit more - here are the links to the details of the offers:
PC 924932: http://www.hertz.com/special_07/bapextrarentalday.jsp

PC 955091: http://www.hertz.com/special_07/gold20offwknd.jsp?ex=0

Last edited by seauaflyer; Aug 29, 2004 at 6:05 pm Reason: Added details
Old Aug 30, 2004, 7:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Excellent! The 924932 promo clearly states it is good on leisure weekly and leisure weekend rentals, in addition to Business Account Code rentals. AAA rates, which I have found to be the best, are leisure rates and work with this promo. Cut prices almost in half for a December rental I have.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 12:52 pm

Programs: United, Starwood, Hilton
AAA code of 00005 with that coupon gave the lowest rate out of 20. Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2004, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Thumbs up PC 924932 is a winner on a three-day weekend!

Thanks for calling attention to these Hertz promos. The promo code 924932 is a winner for me for an upcoming three-day weekend! ^
Old Aug 31, 2004, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
On my Friday rental I get "PROMOTION COUPON NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS RENTING LOCATION" Once again, the car rental games!
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:56 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
924932 appeared to knock off some of the extra daily-based charges/fees for the discount day, whereas the $20 off didn't. At least, that's what I think happened -- it's difficult to figure out the exact charges.

Anyway, if your rental is close to $18-$20/day, it might still be better to use the free day instead of $20 off. You'll have to check on your final bill and see.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
In the T&C for the free day, it says "Minimum of 2 paid days required on weekend rentals". However, I just booked two 2-day rentals, with the coupon appplied, and my total charges appear to be computed based on 1 paid and 1 free day. Will I have a problem with this once I go to pick up or is the reservation sufficient to guarantee me the price?
Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:19 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Did you book 2-day weekend or weekday rentals? Maybe that's the difference.

I just used it on a 3-day weekend and just told them my total should be around $X when I went to turn the car in, and she noted that she needed to put in the PC for it to credit properly. If the website confirmed it, then you should probably have no problems using it.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 1:17 pm

Question...

How does the free day PC# affect the earning of points? If, for example, I get 50 points per day, would a four day rental only count as three and thus earn me 150 points instead of the full 200?
Old Sep 2, 2004, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

I think you'll get the full credit since it's treated as a discount -- aFAIK the rental is still in the system as 4 days.

(That said, even if it isn't, the $ saved is far more valuable than the points you'd be forgoing if you only got credit for the 3 day rental.)

Originally Posted by yashan
How does the free day PC# affect the earning of points? If, for example, I get 50 points per day, would a four day rental only count as three and thus earn me 150 points instead of the full 200?
Old Sep 4, 2004, 4:43 pm
jmw

924932 is the winner for me because I can drop the car class to compact. The 955091 club gold coupon requires a midsize and consequently raises the daily rate.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 12:00 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I used the free day coupon on several 2 day reservations, all priced out fine (ie I'm paying for only one day+taxes). I printed out the webpage for each reservation and don't expect any difficulty...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.