FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   a few good coupon codes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/349433-few-good-coupon-codes.html)

snorkmaster Aug 25, 2004 4:04 pm

a few good coupon codes

update:

original coupon codes removed/no longer valid - please be sure to take a look at recent posts in the thread for the most recent discount codes as well. eventually i will get around to updating this original post. thanks!

I pair the coupon codes with CDP 1499607 to get another 5-10% off, but your CDP may be better.

seauaflyer Aug 25, 2004 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
PC 924932 - free day on minimum 2 day rental

PC 955091 - $20 off of minimum 2 day rental (obviously, the better option when the rate is sub-$20)

i pair the coupon codes with CDP 1499607 to get another 10% off, but your CDP may be better...

Great info - thanks! One question - where did you get the PC #'s (website, magazine) - I usually try to have a printout/copy of the coupon info when the return agent asks lots of questions. Thanks again

snorkmaster Aug 25, 2004 10:06 pm

PC 924932 is associated with the Business Account Program -- I suspect it should work on any CDP (it's available on the Hertz page)

I don't remember where 955091 comes from -- probably a gold e-mail?

"It's some internet coupon code" has always worked when agents have had questions about a PC (with the exception of Double Take.)

seauaflyer Aug 25, 2004 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
PC 924932 is associated with the Business Account Program -- I suspect it should work on any CDP (it's available on the Hertz page)

I don't remember where 955091 comes from -- probably a gold e-mail?

"It's some internet coupon code" has always worked when agents have had questions about a PC (with the exception of Double Take.)

Thanks for the details - "some internet code" generally works for me too :)

I guess I should have searched the website a bit more - here are the links to the details of the offers:
PC 924932: http://www.hertz.com/special_07/bapextrarentalday.jsp

PC 955091: http://www.hertz.com/special_07/gold20offwknd.jsp?ex=0

MileKing Aug 30, 2004 7:57 am

Excellent! The 924932 promo clearly states it is good on leisure weekly and leisure weekend rentals, in addition to Business Account Code rentals. AAA rates, which I have found to be the best, are leisure rates and work with this promo. Cut prices almost in half for a December rental I have.

Venice Aug 30, 2004 12:52 pm

AAA code of 00005 with that coupon gave the lowest rate out of 20. Thanks!

KathyWdrf Aug 31, 2004 5:27 pm

PC 924932 is a winner on a three-day weekend!

Thanks for calling attention to these Hertz promos. The promo code 924932 is a winner for me for an upcoming three-day weekend! ^

WebTraveler Aug 31, 2004 8:27 pm

On my Friday rental I get "PROMOTION COUPON NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS RENTING LOCATION" Once again, the car rental games!

StSebastian Aug 31, 2004 10:56 pm

924932 appeared to knock off some of the extra daily-based charges/fees for the discount day, whereas the $20 off didn't. At least, that's what I think happened -- it's difficult to figure out the exact charges.

Anyway, if your rental is close to $18-$20/day, it might still be better to use the free day instead of $20 off. You'll have to check on your final bill and see.

noah Sep 1, 2004 12:06 pm

In the T&C for the free day, it says "Minimum of 2 paid days required on weekend rentals". However, I just booked two 2-day rentals, with the coupon appplied, and my total charges appear to be computed based on 1 paid and 1 free day. Will I have a problem with this once I go to pick up or is the reservation sufficient to guarantee me the price?

StSebastian Sep 1, 2004 1:19 pm

Did you book 2-day weekend or weekday rentals? Maybe that's the difference.

I just used it on a 3-day weekend and just told them my total should be around $X when I went to turn the car in, and she noted that she needed to put in the PC for it to credit properly. If the website confirmed it, then you should probably have no problems using it.

yashan Sep 2, 2004 1:17 pm

Question...

How does the free day PC# affect the earning of points? If, for example, I get 50 points per day, would a four day rental only count as three and thus earn me 150 points instead of the full 200?

snorkmaster Sep 2, 2004 3:04 pm

I think you'll get the full credit since it's treated as a discount -- aFAIK the rental is still in the system as 4 days.

(That said, even if it isn't, the $ saved is far more valuable than the points you'd be forgoing if you only got credit for the 3 day rental.)

Originally Posted by yashan
How does the free day PC# affect the earning of points? If, for example, I get 50 points per day, would a four day rental only count as three and thus earn me 150 points instead of the full 200?

jmw Sep 4, 2004 4:43 pm

924932 is the winner for me because I can drop the car class to compact. The 955091 club gold coupon requires a midsize and consequently raises the daily rate.

pitflyer Sep 6, 2004 12:00 pm

I used the free day coupon on several 2 day reservations, all priced out fine (ie I'm paying for only one day+taxes). I printed out the webpage for each reservation and don't expect any difficulty...