Community
Wiki Posts
Search

a few good coupon codes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2004, 1:03 pm

I need to rent a car for only two days in oct, so PC 924932 doesn't apply. It seems the $20 off code expires sept. 30. Anyone have any other codes for my time of travel? Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2004, 7:12 pm

Try the FRDM rate code. Combined with CDP 240 (AAA), I booked a G in PHL in October for 31.50/weekend day. An F was 24.74/day. Good luck!
Old Sep 21, 2004, 10:26 am

Thanks! I found a compact for $23.40, so total was $65.49 for two days.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 4:45 pm

Can Somebody help a newbie to Hertz?

I just made a reservation using PC 924932 and CDP 240 for Atlanta Hartsfield (Midsize car) from 10/2 (arriving 10am) - 10/5 (returning 4pm).

The rate came back at 2 days @ 23.35 and 2 days @ 35.03.

The total Approximate Rental Charge is $116.24

Does this include the free rental day?

Do I have to show them the printout of the hertz special coupon for this free day?

Can somebody explain what is the process to get the best rate and what I need to show?

Finally, will I have problems booking using the above codes if I am new and don't have backup showing how I got the codes.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony
Old Sep 23, 2004, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by atwnsw2
I just made a reservation using PC 924932 and CDP 240 for Atlanta Hartsfield (Midsize car) from 10/2 (arriving 10am) - 10/5 (returning 4pm).

The rate came back at 2 days @ 23.35 and 2 days @ 35.03.

The total Approximate Rental Charge is $116.24

Does this include the free rental day?

Do I have to show them the printout of the hertz special coupon for this free day?

Can somebody explain what is the process to get the best rate and what I need to show?

Finally, will I have problems booking using the above codes if I am new and don't have backup showing how I got the codes.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony
Anthony, you should be able to do the math here.
23.35 x 2 days = 46.70
35.03 x 2 days = 70.06
TOTAL = $116.76

On top of that total, you are likely to have airport surcharges and taxes so I'd say yes, the coupon has been applied.

The only thing you'll want to have is a printout of the confirmation e-mail showing the approximate total. It should automatically be applied though I discovered when returning a car at Dulles last weekend that it didn't happen -- the guy said "$49?" and I said "No, $29" and showed him my e-mail confirmation. That was all that I needed to do.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 5:40 pm

Clarification....I am a moron. Please walk me through this....

I understand your point about the math. I agree the total for 4 days equals $116 + taxes & surcharges.

My questions are:

The first post in this thread states "PC 924932 - free day on minimum 2 day rental.

So, the Hertz rate is showing a bill for 4 days. The promotion code "924932" states that I should receive 1 free day.

So, actual charges be for 3 days?

I understand about showing them the receipt but am VERY confused as to what I should expect to pay for this reservation:

Option A) $116 + misc charges [end of story]
Option B) $116 + misc charges less one day rental [so maybe $90 + charges]
Option C) ??????

Thanks for walking me through this. I know that I am being thick headed.

Anthony
Old Sep 23, 2004, 8:25 pm

I think you're getting confused here because the base rate that noah calculated - $116.76 is so close to the approximate rental charge - $116.24 (base rate + taxes/fees = approximate rental charge) on your reservation. It just so happens in your case that the value of your free day rental coupon is less than a one dollar difference than the taxes/fees that is tacked on to your base rate.

An easy way to prove this to yourself would be the check the rate of your reservation without using your PC. Your approximate rental charge will probably end up $140+.

Hope this helps

JC
Old Sep 24, 2004, 4:34 am

Thank you both (Noah & JC) for helping me understand. Got it!

Originally Posted by BigJC
I think you're getting confused here because the base rate that noah calculated - $116.76 is so close to the approximate rental charge - $116.24 (base rate + taxes/fees = approximate rental charge) on your reservation. It just so happens in your case that the value of your free day rental coupon is less than a one dollar difference than the taxes/fees that is tacked on to your base rate.

An easy way to prove this to yourself would be the check the rate of your reservation without using your PC. Your approximate rental charge will probably end up $140+.

Hope this helps

JC
Old Oct 1, 2004, 7:21 pm

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by LittleFlyer
I need to rent a car for only two days in oct, so PC 924932 doesn't apply. It seems the $20 off code expires sept. 30. Anyone have any other codes for my time of travel? Thanks!
Anyone see any new codes?
Old Oct 2, 2004, 11:17 pm

southwest double credits

Guess that won't work.

Last edited by sltlyamusd; Oct 4, 2004 at 11:50 am Reason: question answered
Old Oct 3, 2004, 9:19 am

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
Anyone with any current codes for Europe (Spain)? I am in Mallorca (PMI) in mid-November for a week. The best rates I can confirm for an automatic 4 door is about €340 -- agent tells me that is a 30% off rate too. I can get abit better rate with SIXT for a confirmed automatic -- but, I had drama at that airport a few years ago when a confirmed automatic tran. and I was given a manual car anyway. Never had troubles with HERTZ.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I've had much better luck in Europe with Avis and the USC Marshall school of Business discount (40%). As much as I like to use Hertz when possible, check out Avis when in Europe. Generally they all have similar fleets.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by AA_SPG_Fan
Anyone with any current codes for Europe (Spain)? I am in Mallorca (PMI) in mid-November for a week. The best rates I can confirm for an automatic 4 door is about €340 -- agent tells me that is a 30% off rate too. I can get abit better rate with SIXT for a confirmed automatic -- but, I had drama at that airport a few years ago when a confirmed automatic tran. and I was given a manual car anyway. Never had troubles with HERTZ.

Try the following CDP numbers: 504335 or 706900 the latter seems to be the best! or try www.holidayautos.co.uk, car rental broker here in the UK.

Let us know how you get on
Old Oct 4, 2004, 4:58 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
Originally Posted by olivetti
Try the following CDP numbers: 504335 or 706900 the latter seems to be the best! or try www.holidayautos.co.uk, car rental broker here in the UK.

Let us know how you get on

Hello Olivetti -

Those codes gave a 20% discount, but I already had a 30% discount so they didnt seem to help. I tried your holidayautos and the rate was wonderful about €200 -- saves about €150 -- are they fairly reliable rental service? I have no experience with them -- but the importance of an automatic is important to this Yankee!
Old Oct 6, 2004, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by LittleFlyer
PC 955091 still works. However, it's apparently only for weekend rentals.

The website says:
Receive $20 off a rental of a Mid-Size, Special Sporty or Full-Size 4-Door car (Classes C, D or F) on Hertz Standard or Leisure Weekend rates at participating locations the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S.V.I including Hertz Local Edition locations. Offer valid on vehicle pick-ups through 12/31/04.
http://www.hertz.com/special_07/index.jsp (under #1 Club Gold Member Offers, after you log in)

which may be different from the previous T&Cs for this code? (See page 1 of this thread.)

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Oct 6, 2004 at 7:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.