Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fighting the Good Fight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Fighting the Good Fight

I'm so tired of having to go to the counter to fight for a promotion that has mysteriously disappeared from my reservation. Last two times, it's been the Gold $20 off weekend at GSO. They act like I don't know what I'm talking about and give all sorts of BS about how the promo was dropped, or that I don't qualify. Not rocket science, folks.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 7:48 pm

Always take the promo with you and make sure its still on the contract when you get the end bill.The counter person at SAN told me that they have a lot of problems with the promo code not coming through on the contract.

Accident,I think not!

Last edited by bbbb; Aug 9, 2004 at 7:50 pm
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:07 pm

I think the point is we shouldn't HAVE to do this.
...And, I agree.
Hours spent waiting for an agent to comprehend the promotion is an unacceptable waste... especially when you consider the promotion is already supposed to be part of the rental record.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BumpMe!
I think the point is we shouldn't HAVE to do this.
...And, I agree.
Hours spent waiting for an agent to comprehend the promotion is an unacceptable waste... especially when you consider the promotion is already supposed to be part of the rental record.
Exactly!
Old Aug 10, 2004, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bbbb
Always take the promo with you and make sure its still on the contract when you get the end bill.The counter person at SAN told me that they have a lot of problems with the promo code not coming through on the contract.

Accident,I think not!
Oh, I definitely bring documentation with me. Funny thing is, the promotion is *always* in the rental record and printed contract. My personal opinion is that the location is ignoring and/or removing the promotion upon return. I've complained to Hertz coroporate about this numerous times. This has happened to me at countless locations...GSO, DEN, LAS, DTW, etc.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Hertz is notorious for this. Almost without exception, every promo I have booked has appeared in the rental contract when I pick-up the car, but is not taken into account by the return agent. I think it is a training issue, namely that the return agents with the portable units have to hit a key(s) to "enact" the promo and they always forget to do so. Whether it is intentional or not, who knows.

I now carry with me a printed copy of the reservation booking showing the final estimated rate (including the promo) as well as a complete copy of the promotion. If the rate the return agent gives me is not the same as the estimated total (or very close at least), I tell him/her it's wrong and that they didn't include the promo. They usually don't have a problem making the adjustment.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:50 pm

Problem is sometimes I'm in such a hurry to get on my flight that I forget to look at the charges. I've had to call Corp. HQ and get the bill fixed because of this problem too many times.

I had a problem with the check-in person in MSY the other week. They charged me for a tank of gas at the inflated price when I said I wanted the gas option when I picked up the car. I had to go inside and it took the clerk there a long time to attempt to fix it. I also had them remove the Neverlost charge as this was included with the car that I was upgraded to. With the problem they had with the system, they ending up removing the gas charge ($32.00) and leaving on the Neverlost charge. I gave up when they said it was removed and the gas was still on the paperwork.

I agree that the person checking in the vehicle is the weakest link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.