Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

I did a reservation through priceline put my Hertz number, and got this E-mail:

Your Hertz #1 Club Gold profile indicates
that either your credit card has expired or will have expired by the
reservation pick up date. If you wish to receive Gold Service,
please update your profile to either (a) add a new card and related
information or (b) update the expiration date of the card that is
currently listed. Hertz will not be able to provide you with Gold
Service on this rental unless your profile information is updated
prior to the rental date.

then I tried to book in Hertz website, for Hybrid class, they don't give me a option for pay now or pay later, but if I log in as a member, will require a CC I can't find the cancel terms/.....if I check out as a guest, will not require CC

So is that normal? if check out as a guest obvious Hertz can't do anything if I'm no show, but if I reserve as a member they will charge my CC, right?

and I find out in priceline...etc, they is no option for book Hertz Hybrid/Luxury(foreign luxury)...etc? so only way is book through Hertz website?

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You will not receive the benefits of gold membership if you do not have a valid credit card in your profile; that is standard regardless of where a booking is made

If there is no option for pay now/pay later , then it will be , in my experiencem a pay later booking
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:06 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by ecgz88
I did a reservation through priceline put my Hertz number, and got this E-mail:

Your Hertz #1 Club Gold profile indicates
that either your credit card has expired or will have expired by the
reservation pick up date. If you wish to receive Gold Service,
please update your profile to either (a) add a new card and related
information or (b) update the expiration date of the card that is
currently listed. Hertz will not be able to provide you with Gold
Service on this rental unless your profile information is updated
prior to the rental date.

then I tried to book in Hertz website, for Hybrid class, they don't give me a option for pay now or pay later, but if I log in as a member, will require a CC I can't find the cancel terms/.....if I check out as a guest, will not require CC

So is that normal? if check out as a guest obvious Hertz can't do anything if I'm no show, but if I reserve as a member they will charge my CC, right?

and I find out in priceline...etc, they is no option for book Hertz Hybrid/Luxury(foreign luxury)...etc? so only way is book through Hertz website?

Thanks!
There are ways to get Priceline to book the class you want, even if it's not shown in the list. I'm not sure that will solve your Hertz Gold issue though. It may not take your Hertz# unless you have a current credit card on file.

PM us with details of your rental if you need assistance booking what you want at Priceline and we'll see if we can help you out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.