Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points not posting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:32 am
Used to be 'TheManWhoFlewTooMuch'

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Delta Diamond emeritus, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
I just noticed as well, for my last rental on March 20th.

Usually the email receipt shows the number of points I earned. But for this most recent rental, my receipt doesn't mention points at all. Strange.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Pointlessly_1K
I just noticed as well, for my last rental on March 20th.

Usually the email receipt shows the number of points I earned. But for this most recent rental, my receipt doesn't mention points at all. Strange.
I just went and looked at mine, and noticed the same thing...something is afoot at the circle K!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA MM
Yup, just checked for a rental in March, same here, zero points. The receipt does not have the usual section for points earned at all.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:17 pm

Yesterday I put in a request under the "missing points" link. Still no points showing for the last rental, in March.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Yesterday I put in a request under the "missing points" link. Still no points showing for the last rental, in March.
you'll have to call into Hertz gold desk. I called in yesterday and the rep was able to correctly add the points to my rentals.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:21 pm
Used to be 'TheManWhoFlewTooMuch'

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Delta Diamond emeritus, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Just an update - my points have been credited. I logged a request on the website on April 4th. I never got any reply, but when I checked again today, I see 180 points for the rental in March, where there was zero before.

I have another rental coming up next week, so will keep an eye on this.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Pointlessly_1K
Just an update - my points have been credited.
Thank you for mentioning this. Same for me. Also did the online point request and have had no other communication with Hertz, but the points are there now.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Hertz engaging in fraud

Miles NEVER post on pre-paid rentals. Hertz knows this is a system problem, has been so for months. Since they know and do nothing so as not to credit miles this equates to fraud. Wish someone would file a class action to teach them a lesson.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:10 am

No helpful information from me, just adding my name to the list of those who have not been credited for a rental. Rented through the app, not pre-paid. Rental shows up in the tally but "0" appears under points. I've initiated the email. /taps fingers while waiting
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:28 pm

I have 2 rentals not posting. One from April 2 and another from April 16. No receipt showing under the Receipt Tab. This company is the WORST!!

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Miles NEVER post on pre-paid rentals. Hertz knows this is a system problem, has been so for months. Since they know and do nothing so as not to credit miles this equates to fraud. Wish someone would file a class action to teach them a lesson.
I have wondered the same thing. Lawyers could make a fortune!

Last edited by jason8612; May 16, 2019 at 10:45 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:47 pm

Well, just noticed all my past points on prepaid rates have not posted as well. I only had 2 this year and 3 last year. Called 888-999-4900 and the agent credited the points for this year right away. She told me couldn't go back to 2016, and since those were only 1 to 3 day rentals I didn't press the issue. Also to note, the whole conversation sounded robotic which leads me to believe that they're used to these call. The whole conversation lasted less than 2 minutes.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Thanks for that, picking up the phone is next after this.

I just joined Hertz with the AAA bonus because the number of times renting this year will be enough to qualify for President Circle.

Our 2 rentals were both prepaid and for the first we got 0 points but awarded bonus points. The second we got zero points and some small points for some promo that was going on.

Both times I used the web to ask for credit and both times it was denied with "006 DUPLICATE REQUEST FOUND"
I was confused thinking the bonus point awards were the duplicate, shaking my head.

Now off to the phone since they never answered my [email protected].
Old May 8, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I emailed in a request for points, but was denied for "Rental Does not Qualify due to type of voucher". I also prepaid. Looks like I will try calling the number listed in this thread, but it's still frustrating if this is a known hertz issue and after following up, I was denied. So this bug is still around.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:57 am

I normally don't prepay but last week I did. I noticed the frequent flyer surcharge was $0 on my receipt, however I also haven't gotten the united miles yet. I rent every week and the miles usually post very quickly, they chase card bonus miles usually takes a bit longer but the regular 500 miles post within a day. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the lack of FF surcharge billing on the prepay.
Old May 12, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by 07roversc
I normally don't prepay but last week I did. I noticed the frequent flyer surcharge was $0 on my receipt, however I also haven't gotten the united miles yet. I rent every week and the miles usually post very quickly, they chase card bonus miles usually takes a bit longer but the regular 500 miles post within a day. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the lack of FF surcharge billing on the prepay.
whats the chase card bonus miles? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.