Search

Award Booking - Pres Circle vs Gen Member

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Award Booking - Pres Circle vs Gen Member

Is there any benefit to a Pres Circle member making an award reservation versus a general member?

I'm Pres Circle and my husband is a general member. Usually we call in and transfer his points into my account. He earns them from doing e-rewards.

Since we can book up to a premium using an award, and usually it's what we get, I can't see any other benefit for me making the reservation.

Am I missing something?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Is there any benefit to a Pres Circle member making an award reservation versus a general member?

I'm Pres Circle and my husband is a general member. Usually we call in and transfer his points into my account. He earns them from doing e-rewards.

Since we can book up to a premium using an award, and usually it's what we get, I can't see any other benefit for me making the reservation.

Am I missing something?
If it's an Ultimate Choice location, then you can get either the Premium you're assigned, or anything from the Ult Choice PC area.

Also, better chance of getting an upgrade to Prestige from your Premium reservation as a PC.

Other than that, nope.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

That's what I figured. It's HNL, and they don't have Ultimate Choice.

I do remember when I rented from that location on a premium award, the car was kinda messy - had lots of dings. I reported it and was switched to a Cadillac SUV and I suspect it was because I was President's circle.

I'll just keep on moving the points to my account.

Thank you.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
If you are qualifying for PC via rentals/dollar spend, note that award reservations count towards these totals, plus there will be ZE1 points at the end of the rental for the fees and taxes not covered under the award.

I've had some nice upgrades from HNL, but my G award bookings have largely been filled with G; Buicks, VW cc, and I had a new Maxima earlier this month.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:37 am
Original Poster

I'm not. I get it either via Sapphire Reserve or my old UA Presidential Plus.

HNL is who gave me the nice Cadillac SUV They have been upgrading me to LaCrosses, and I also got a Maxima once. But elsewhere I end up with an Impala, which I can't believe the consider a premium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.