Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can only apply one free weekend points in FL?

Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold

I'm trying to reserve a car in Florida for 10 days for spring break. I have ~10,000 Hertz points and trying to use them on any size car.

If I select a specialty vehicle like a minivan it will allow me to use 8,000 points for 4 free days...not very good value. So I decided I could jam my wife and 2 kids in a full size car and went to apply points...only allows me to use points for a free weekend...on any standard car, at both MCO and TPA.

Anyone know if this is a glitch, or if there is a work around?

Any advice on how to handle would be greatly appreciated!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Is this a time period when they're at the AnyDay rates (i.e. 2x points)? If so, you don't have enough points for a 10 day rental (need 11k points for a 2 week rental). You certainly should be able to use 5500 points for a weekly rental, though, and pay for the remaining three days...

Probably a glitch, try calling in.

Note that, for specialty vehicles like minivans, you can book them for a maximum of seven days if you're using points - doesn't look like you can do the "points for 7, cash for 3" option for a 10 day rental.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Is this a time period when they're at the AnyDay rates (i.e. 2x points)? If so, you don't have enough points for a 10 day rental (need 11k points for a 2 week rental). You certainly should be able to use 5500 points for a weekly rental, though, and pay for the remaining three days...

Probably a glitch, try calling in.

Note that, for specialty vehicles like minivans, you can book them for a maximum of seven days if you're using points - doesn't look like you can do the "points for 7, cash for 3" option for a 10 day rental.
You are probably correct...I'll try giving them a call to book. With it being the Easter holiday and Spring Break, they're probably at double points!

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.