Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz reservation - Gold... ?!?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M, Hh, BW, Marriot, Hertz Gold
Question Hertz reservation - Gold... ?!?

Hi...

I finally registered for Hertz Gold and then made a reservation while being logged in.
Now I've got a confirmation-mail stating "Service Type: Standard Counter" , why is that? At ORD they would have a Gold Counter, wouldn't they?
How can I check if the reservation is a "Gold" one? (Only Gold would allow the spouse to be for free...)

(Never had Hertz before, always Alamo, but there's always a first time... )

Thanks!
Tom
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Asked and answered myriad times over.
Your first rental you have to go to the counter to verify you DL/ID.
From 2014 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ental-mco.html
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Question

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Asked and answered myriad times over.
Your first rental you have to go to the counter to verify you DL/ID.
From 2014 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ental-mco.html
Might be, thanks anyway, even if it does NOT answer my questions...
So, once again:

Why "Standard"-Counter, not "Gold"-Counter? (Even for first ID-check...)

How to check if it's really a "Gold"-reservation?

Best,
Tom
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tommy_h
.....Now I've got a confirmation-mail stating "Service Type: Standard Counter" , why is that? At ORD they would have a Gold Counter, wouldn't they?....
...Why "Standard"-Counter, not "Gold"-Counter? (Even for first ID-check...)....
Gold Counter is for locations where Gold members receive their keys/contracts at designated Gold Counter. ORD has Gold Canopy, not Gold Counter, where members can go to designated parking spot directly. That said, you can go to a special booth in Gold Canopy service area in ORD to have your ID verified.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...club-gold.html

Last edited by TerryK; Jul 30, 2016 at 1:01 am
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Question

Hi,

ok, I've got it so far - first Gold reservation, have to go to the counter for id check, can try Gold Canopy (counter).

I've read the fineprint at the confirmation again and found "Customer not registerd for gold service at this location" - what's that? No Gold reservation, or simply due to the "first reservation"?

Any chance to check if the reservation is a Gold one at all?

Best,
Tom
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:03 pm

I've read the fineprint at the confirmation again and found "Customer not registerd for gold service at this location" - what's that? No Gold reservation, or simply due to the "first reservation"?

Any chance to check if the reservation is a Gold one at all?

Best,
Tom
For all intents and purposes, it's a standard reservation. Only difference is that instead of waiting in the regular line, you get to wait in a shorter line at the gold booth. Your first "Gold" reservation will be your second one. They should still honor the free spouse, but you'll need to sort it out at the gold booth.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SixAlpha
For all intents and purposes, it's a standard reservation. Only difference is that instead of waiting in the regular line, you get to wait in a shorter line at the gold booth. Your first "Gold" reservation will be your second one. They should still honor the free spouse, but you'll need to sort it out at the gold booth.
Thanks, I've no problem with that.
Only thing that worries me is the "should honor"... It might be the difference between 180+ USD and "free".

Well, and the "salestalk" at the counter after a long distance flight isn't on top of my list either.

Best,
Tom
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
If you are AAA members there is no charge for additional drivers if you meet the criteria (e.g. spouse has major credit card in their own name and I forget what else -- check your AAA benefits). You could consider booking the AAA rate for this rental if that eases your mind about charges for you spouse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.