Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Thailand Review

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Hertz Thailand Review

I just used Hertz twice in Thailand (from BKK and the Bangkok Sathorn downtown location). I couldn't find much information prior to my trip so here is an account of my experiences for anyone potentially thinking of using Hertz in Thailand.

Rental #1
Booked: K (Toyota Fortuner or similar)
Received: 2013[?] Toyota Fortuner 3.0l Diesel VSC 4 x 4
Comments:
- Odometer had about 82,000km on pickup. Car had quite a few scratches.
- Car was fine although ride quality wasn't very good as it is basically a truck. I would not particularly recommend it over a fullsize unless you have 7 passengers or need to go over some rougher roads.
- Car had a factory GPS unit and so I was not charged extra. However, the paid Garmin GPS that Hertz provides is overwhelmingly superior.
- Pickup and dropoff is at gate 8 of the first floor at BKK. Hertz provides a picture guide on the rental contract for you to find your way back.
- Fuel economy was acceptable and I ultimately paid 1,300 Baht for diesel on 550km of mixed driving.

Rental #2
Booked: Fullsize
Received: 2014[?] Honda Accord (Given choice of Camry Hybrid or Accord)
Comments:
- Odometer had 89,000km on pickup. Also had quite a few scratches.
- Ride quality and performance was impressive.
- No factory GPS unit. Included "premium" features such as keyless entry, push start, sunshade, leather electric seats, etc.
- Do not input "Hertz Sathorn" into Google Maps in order to find the location. It is not located at the Pantip Suites. Rather, it is located at Sukhon Court a few minutes away.

Tips
- Join Hertz Thailand Fun Club for a 5-10% discount. Also, I found booking over the phone slightly cheaper than through hertz.com.
- Rates were about 1,500 Baht for a fullsize and 2,000 Baht per day for a Fortuner. I ultimately chose to take the 550 Baht SCDW on all my rentals for peace of mind and convenience as the cars have quite a bit of pre-existing damage. Basic included CDW has a deductible of 10,000 Baht and credit cards may give the same coverage as SCDW of taking the deductible to 0.
- The "best" car in the Hertz Thailand fleet is probably the Honda Accord. At Hertz Sathorn, I did see a late model (2015 or later) Mercedes E-Class available. When I asked, they told me that this was only available for long-term corporate rentals.
- Hertz Thailand cars are covered in decals. 2 on the windshield, 1 on the rear glass, and on both the front and rear licence plate holders. This was even the case with the Mercedes E-Class! Despite this, it did not seem to make a difference for driving or the perceived risk of theft.
- If you're driving within the Bangkok-Pattaya region, I would recommend that you opt for getting a local data plan and a phone holder instead of the GPS option as entering Thai addresses is just frustrating.
CO-PLAT likes this.

Last edited by Schweden; Jun 1, 2016 at 4:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.