Search

AER for N00b?!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
AER for N00b?!

Hey Everyone,

Currently in New Zealand and rented a car from Hertz. Had a minor accident where one of the side doors got scratched. Usually I don't get additional coverage, but for whatever reason I decided this time to purchase the accident excess reduction which I was told would reduce my liability to $0. This sounds too good to be true, without knowing the full extent of the damage, can someone explain to me what type of costs I may be looking at/what to expect?

I tried to search but haven't found much in the way of NZ.

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

From the booking system, it states
Accident Excess Reduction (AER) reduces the Accident Damage Excess (ADE) to nil.

You can expect to pay zero

If you paid for the coverage, why would you expect to pay anything?

Last edited by Dave Noble; Feb 11, 2016 at 11:58 pm
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
From the booking system, it states
Accident Excess Reduction (AER) reduces the Accident Damage Excess (ADE) to nil.

You can expect to pay zero

If you paid for the coverage, why would you expect to pay anything?
Thanks for the quick reply man, cautiously optimistic that's how it'll play. Honestly I just figured there would be some fees or the way it was structured ADE might be nil but I would be hit with something else. I have seen my coworkers get screwed by hertz an avis both for other things so I don't have much faith in them.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No - you should be fine and only be paying zero

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.