Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Presidents circle through United club card...

Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United club, Hyatt Plat...

Never rented from Hertz before and just became a presidents circle...

Reserved a full size SUV for $22 a day on Maui. I'm kind of shocked how good of a deal this was.

Per United site.

Hertz President’s Circle - Starting in January, 2015 you’ll be eligible to enroll in the Hertz President’s Circle program free of charge. This entitles you to a space available two car class upgrades when renting with Hertz.
Does this mean I'm eligible for a 2 class upgrade or 2 different occasions of 1 class upgrades?

The way I read it, I should end up in a Ferrari.

Either way is this some sort of an elite membership or just a gimmick to rent from hertz?

Last edited by Goonie; Sep 4, 2015 at 6:26 pm
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goonie
....The way I read it, I should end up in a Ferrari. ...
We can all wish.

Maximum upgrade is to a Full-Size class vehicle with a minimum reserved Compact vehicle.
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...esidentsCircle
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Either way is this some sort of an elite membership or just a gimmick to rent from hertz?
Technically it is an elite level (since you can earn it through rentals or spend with Hertz): https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...umGoldbenefits

but other than the extra bonus points YMMV on getting any meaningful benefits... so in function it is really more of a a gimmick.

I'm a PC and my last rental was for a compact and that is exactly what I received. I think things were actually better at Hertz before I hit PC because I have noticed no meaningful increase in benefits and in some ways the general experience has gotten worse, so now I have shifted the bulk of my rentals to National where practical and Enterprise if I need a neighborhood location.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies... so Hertz website says 1 class upgrade and United site says 2 class upgrade.

I'll report back what happens in a week when I rent the car. Anyone here have any experience with the Hertz on Maui?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....Reserved a full size SUV for $22 a day on Maui....
Thanks for the replies... so Hertz website says 1 class upgrade and United site says 2 class upgrade.

I'll report back what happens in a week when I rent the car. Anyone here have any experience with the Hertz on Maui?
I was upgraded to full size at OGG.^ However, there is no PC upgrade, officially, for you as your booking is above maximum upgrade (full size).

Last edited by TerryK; Sep 6, 2015 at 1:22 pm
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Good to know... it's my first time as a member at Hertz so I'll have to go up to the counter. I'll see if they can upgrade me to a luxury SUV.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

To summerize my experience.

My name was on the TV screen, did not have to go up to the counter even though it was my first time renting at Hertz.

We booked a full SUV but found a Armada in our spot, I think that was an upgrade since it's a 8 passenger instead of 5.

We arrived at 9pm so it was dark and the place was empty, I went up to the desk. The person I talked to didn't seem very interested in her job, no smile on her face, very bland answers, seemed annoyed by me asking very basic questions. Maybe she was having a bad day but it started our vacation on a sour note with Hertz.

When we returned the car, again at 8pm... the staff was very nice and friendly. No problems at all, car ran great, had a great vacation. Will rent again
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: VS gold, AA gold
Enrolling for Hertz president's circle with Club card

Recently received my MileagePlus Club credit card through chase, which grants president's circle with Hertz. I tried to enroll through the portal https://www.hertzstatus.mileageplus.com/Account/ but when I entered my FF# associated with the card, it said I am not eligible for the program. Right next to the log-in section, it clearly states MP Club credit card holders are eligible. Anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.