Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Liability Insurance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Hertz Liability Insurance

Hi everyone! Another question: I will be renting a car in Seattle. So apparently Hertz provides minimum third party liability coverage in Seattle. I will be driving the car to mostly rural areas. Should I buy the liability supplementary from Hertz? I don't own a car and can't get a non-car owner insurance because i live in Ontario Canada. To be honest, I'm really not sure about buying the supplementary since I will be mostly in rural areas... thanks in advance!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
Read the benefits of the credit card that you're going to pay with. Chances are that it will provide some kind of rental car coverage.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by SWCPHX
Read the benefits of the credit card that you're going to pay with. Chances are that it will provide some kind of rental car coverage.
Many credit cards only provide coverage for damage or loss to the rental car, not liability coverage for any other damage or injury.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Roy Zhao
Hi everyone! Another question: I will be renting a car in Seattle. So apparently Hertz provides minimum third party liability coverage in Seattle. I will be driving the car to mostly rural areas. Should I buy the liability supplementary from Hertz? I don't own a car and can't get a non-car owner insurance because i live in Ontario Canada. To be honest, I'm really not sure about buying the supplementary since I will be mostly in rural areas... thanks in advance!
First of all, does your rate include liability insurance? Many rates booked from outside the country do. If it doesn't, try booking through hertz.co.uk, most of the rates that site produces do include liability insurance.

If that doesn't work, I'd definitely get the LIS, if you have any significant amount of assets. I wouldn't drive around without liability insurance. Personal decision, of course.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you ahve other insurance (homeowner, renter, umbrella) check whether these policies would cover you in the USA.

If it's a business trip, ask your employer whether they provide liability insurance or even self-insure in these circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.