Need Documentation from Hertz

Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Need Documentation from Hertz

I had a rental through Hertz at the Frankfurt, Germany Airport and had some damage. It was rented through AMEX, whom I have Premium Car Rental Insurance with. I have submitted my claim with AMEX for this and they require certain documentation from Hertz. Hertz has supplied some documentation (after numerous e-mails). However, I'm still missing three pieces of required documentation (the official "Terms & Conditions", "Fleet Utilization Log" and "Proof of Payment for Completed Repairs").

Hertz is not being very responsive in getting me these documents so that the claim can be paid. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get Hertz to get me this information without so long a delay? Thus far it has been 30 days since they were originally requested from them (along with a few follow ups since then).

I'd appreciate any advice with this.

Thanks!
-Matt
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
(the official "Terms & Conditions", "Fleet Utilization Log" and "Proof of Payment for Completed Repairs").
Can't speak for Frankfurt, but as a rule Hertz is never going to give out a fleet utilization log. Amex wants this so they can dispute the charges that Hertz is attempting to charge by saying they had loss of use from the vehicle whilst it was being repaired. Amex will claim they only has loss of use if all other cars at the location were rented out, which means they need the utilization detail to show that. The normal outcome here is that Hertz will drop the loss of use fees.

The real question here is why are you acting as a go-between? Normally in cases like this you can get the insurance company dealing directly with Hertz, and issues like this will go a lot smoother. Especially when it comes to loss of use, Amex will be able to do a much better job of negotiating that than you will.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond // Marriott LT Titanium
I agree with docbert as well. Why are you in the middle of this?! Amex should be dealing directly with hertz on this.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
docbert & fb3003, thank you for your replies.

The reason I am pursuing this documentation from Hertz directly is because AMEX has tried to do so and has not gotten the information. When I called AMEX about this, they said if I can get the information from Hertz that I should, as that would help expedite the process.

At this point, I just want the documentation so that AMEX can close and pay the claim and I can get this all cleared up.

As for the Fleet Utilization Log, AMEX said I can get that OR the "Proof of Payment for Completed Repairs", so I'd be good with either one. In my bill, Hertz is only billing me for the damages, not loss of use, so that documentation probably isn't all that important. So, at this point, just getting the "Proof of Payment for Completed Repairs" and "Terms and Conditions" would be all that I would need. I just need someone from Hertz to actually provide it so that the claim can be paid and closed. If there is anything I could do to expedite getting this documentation, I'd appreciate knowing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.