Wiki Posts
Search

No Points For UK Rental

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
No Points For UK Rental

i had a BM 5 series for a week out of Belfast in the UK, the rental was c USD420 when no points went on the account, i submitted a form online, the response was, this a duplicate request, so i called, three times, on transfer to their rewards dept, the line dropped out, then when i got though, one rep said, that office doesn't pay points, but when i read all their websites, it includes the UK for points, is that usual, franchises within a country can elect to play or not play by the program rules? the third rep put it in for investigation.

They also charged GBP5 for using an amex card?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

the GBP5 fee is correct

From https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/reser...OP&EOAG=KYNX90

Originally Posted by Hertz
Please note - For Hertz locations in Northern Ireland a Standard Credit Card fee of GBP 5.00 will be applicable on all charges paid at the counter. This fee can be waived on return of the vehicle by using an alternative form of payment.
As far as earning points goes, it does state

Originally Posted by T&Cs
What About Earning Gold Plus Rewards Points?

Participants will earn one point for every qualified U.S. dollar, or its equivalent in the currency tendered on each qualifying rental. Qualifying rentals include all car rentals, (excluding truck and van rentals), at participating locations.
It doesn't state what locations are participating locations , so not sure whether it would have been correct or not
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
the GBP5 fee is correct

From https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/reser...OP&EOAG=KYNX90

As far as earning points goes, it does state

It doesn't state what locations are participating locations , so not sure whether it would have been correct or not
thks, interesting, when i returned the vehicle, it was due back at 8.30 am, and whilst i didn't pay too much attention at the time, he wrote 8.59am on the rental agreement, when i checking my online receipt, they'd charged an extra c USD50, they'd changed it to 9am, and charged an additional day, which i thought was a bit misleading at best, fraudulent at worst, in any case, they rectified it, after a phone call, do you know if the amex plat four hour grace period works outside of the north american markets?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:51 pm

The AMEX Platinum benefit does apply to UK, but not ( I believe) to Northern Irelend
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

in that case glad i wasn't a minute later
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

here is the email i received:

Subject: Awards Retro Credit Failure

Dear

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your request could not be processed because, our records indicate this rental was previously awarded points on or around 2015-03-16 based on the information reflected on the original rental record.

Rental Agreement Number

Pickup Date 2015-03-16

006 DUPLICATE REQUEST FOUND

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your car rental needs in the future.

Sincerely,

The Hertz Corporation
Gold Plus Rewards Department
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
in that case glad i wasn't a minute later
Unless of course it was 9 or after and the returning agent was just being nice by putting 8:59
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

it's a possibility, i was rushing to a flight, and didn't check the time, i was paying more attention to his inspection of the vehicle.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The AMEX Platinum benefit does apply to UK, but not ( I believe) to Northern Irelend
FYI, Northern Ireland is part of the UK. It's not part of Great Britain, but it is part of the UK.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
FYI, Northern Ireland is part of the UK. It's not part of Great Britain, but it is part of the UK.
I am well aware that it is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - In other parts of the UK , the American Express benefit of 4 hours does apply
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:08 am
Original Poster

this is the first time i've used Hertz in years, ironically, initially, i chose Hertz because of Presidential Circle status via MileagePlus Club Visa card, as it tuned out, that had no impact on the booking, in the end of went with Hertz, based on the price point.

The weekly rental was c USD420, if i get the points issue fixed, am i better going with Hertz points, or UA, from a value perspective?

i'm thinking it wld be 420 for Hertz v 750 for UA?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
this is the first time i've used Hertz in years, ironically, initially, i chose Hertz because of Presidential Circle status via MileagePlus Club Visa card, as it tuned out, that had no impact on the booking, in the end of went with Hertz, based on the price point.

The weekly rental was c USD420, if i get the points issue fixed, am i better going with Hertz points, or UA, from a value perspective?

i'm thinking it wld be 420 for Hertz v 750 for UA?
Assuming you get the points issue fixed, I'd go with the Hertz points, 420 is almost enough (550) for a free weekend day.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Assuming you get the points issue fixed, I'd go with the Hertz points, 420 is almost enough (550) for a free weekend day.
OK, thks for the heads up^
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

after contacting Hertz, they put a query in, and came back and said i cld get the airline partner miles, so they deliver 500, and UA 250, for the Mileage Plus Club Visa benefit, 750 better than nothing, wld be nice if they told you, no Hertz points but you can give us your airline FF number, and we'll give you those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.