Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Location Service Charge at AMS slightly excessive?

Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

I was trying to rent what was already a fairly pricey vehicle in the Focus ST-H (Y6 category), only to find out that the quoted rate of 111 Euros/day effectively doubles after the taxes are factored in. At the heart of the issue is a whopper of a 55 Euro LSC. I have never encountered this fee during any other Hertz rentals and was curious why it was so high. It's the same, regardless of vehicle class and is going to completely put me off renting from Hertz in Europe if it's a normal thing from now on...
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Although it may not help the price, perhaps using a different country setting where the total prices are displayed rather than the meaningless base price will help avoid unwanted surprsises when the taxes are included. It foes indeed seem that all the vehicles at that location have that fee

A location charge that is higher than the rest of rental put together is the highest percentage that I have seen

This seems to be a charged specific to Schipol rather than Europe in general - booking at a location in the city there is no EUR55 fee

It is EUR55 regardless of length of rental - on a week's rental it isn't so bad a percentage
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Y6 can't be booked online, so that was just the info the agent provided on the phone. A location charge two times higher than the rest of the rental is very possible at AMS, apparently: just book an Economy car for 26 euros and pay the 55. That's insane to me.

Not bad on a week's, perhaps, but I'm there for two days.

Last edited by highlanderfil; Mar 4, 2015 at 10:16 pm
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:26 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Looked at Avis and they have a similar charge at AMS, so it is not a Hertz issue per se.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by briantoronto
Looked at Avis and they have a similar charge at AMS, so it is not a Hertz issue per se.
Must be a Schiphol thing. That's really unfortunate, but it looks like city locations don't have this issue. Too bad Y6 is limited to 200 km/day...

Last edited by highlanderfil; Mar 5, 2015 at 7:10 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.