Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

2400 mile trip for rental Hertz PCAR, start in Vegas, questions...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2400 mile trip for rental Hertz PCAR, start in Vegas, questions...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by mrbigglesworth
It isn't the contract, just the reservation confirmation with all the specifics. Time and Date, PCAR, Location, Price, including all taxes and fees, specific info that says Unlimited Free Miles and LDW included.
The confirmation outlines the terms of your contract.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ferg01
The confirmation outlines the terms of your contract.
YAY!

Found a website called OpenTell for this location, it gets 5 stars from 220 out of 280 reviews, another 20+ are 4 stars then down from there. Most complaints are for cleanliness so Im just hoping thats the more frequent econoboxers complaining.

I mean Im on a 20 day vacation, I don't want to have to fight terms with the rental, or see damage before I go that they try to peg on me (gonna take pics and video, air pressure and oil level) before I sign anything.

Or my worst fear, they are out of PCARs and try to stick me in the smallest Kia on the lot.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by mrbigglesworth
YAY!

Found a website called OpenTell for this location, it gets 5 stars from 220 out of 280 reviews, another 20+ are 4 stars then down from there. Most complaints are for cleanliness so Im just hoping thats the more frequent econoboxers complaining.

I mean Im on a 20 day vacation, I don't want to have to fight terms with the rental, or see damage before I go that they try to peg on me (gonna take pics and video, air pressure and oil level) before I sign anything.

Or my worst fear, they are out of PCARs and try to stick me in the smallest Kia on the lot.
Air, oil etc is not needed to be checked as proof, maybe check its fine but i dont tape it or anything.

I simply go around the car mark every small scracth on the VPI, some places mark a part of the tyre on the VPI i simply put a big x on the tyre so it does not define any non seen ones. Check the windscreen and its all good. In honesty i have never had to prove damage was not there using pics more the vpi as thats what they look at, pics the meta data can be changed so technically not really reliable
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by suley
I simply go around the car mark every small scracth on the VPI, some places mark a part of the tyre on the VPI i simply put a big x on the tyre so it does not define any non seen ones.
If LDW is purchased or included, why would the OP have any liability for scratches, pre-existing or otherwise?
Hertz Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
When you purchase Hertz' LDW, which is not insurance, you will not be held responsible for damage to the Hertz car in the event that any damage should occur, provided the loss or damage was not the result of any prohibited use of the car.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
LDW in the UK, where Suley rents, has a $1500 deductible but that's not the case in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.