Search

Ryanair customers out of hours in Germany

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Ryanair customers out of hours in Germany

Please can someone help me interpret the text below from the hertz website:

Out of hours pick-up

For all Ryanair customers: Out of hours pick-up is confirmed with Ryanair flight number.

For all other customers:

Licensee Locations:

Out of hours pick-up is available in all locations and for all vehicle groups, but cannot be booked via the Internet. Please contact your Reservation Centre as specific information is required.

Corporate Locations:

Out of hours pick-up is available for all locations and for all vehicle groups. However, this option cannot be booked via the Internet. Please contact your Reservation Centre and provide one acceptable form of payment:

- OTTO
- HCC allowed
- Valid credit card with renter's name and expiry date
- RCV / ITV Voucher must be accompanied by an accepted credit card in renter's name and expiry date
- MCO are only accepted if accompanied by another acceptable method of payment

An additional fee with the following amount will apply:

Monday -
Saturday
Sunday
Out of hours
fee
EUR 35.00
(including tax)
EUR 55.00
(including tax)
So from the above, do customers arriving on a Ryanair flight out of hours have to pay an out of hours charge?

Furthermore is an out of hours charge a "hidden fee" if it is not in the quote that I am given? (The Global Sale advertising says "no hidden fees"?

Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Would seem like that is the case. It doesn't seem very hidden
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
It doesn't seem hidden as such but it's not entirely clear if the fee is:

a. applicable to all customers; or
b. applicable only to "all other [non-Ryanair]" customers.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I don't know why they don't include it in the quote.

I was charged such a fee last year, when it definitely wasn't included in the quote and I arrived at the time I had booked to arrive. I don't know if the T&Cs were different then.

It is hidden in the sense that you won't find the above text when booking the car unless you are specifically looking for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.