Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combination question: Hertz at LAX Marriott, upgrading to 7-passenger vehicle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Southwest A-List, Hertz 5*

I travel from SFO to LAX fairly often—have rented from Hertz LAX several times and have stayed at the LAX Marriott several times. But I’ve never rented from the Hertz counter at the LAX Marriott. If I’m headed to the Marriott anyway, picking up a car there might be more convenient than boarding the separate rental car shuttle first, plus going off-site saves about $20 worth of fees for three-day rental.

I’d assume the fleet is very limited, but does anyone have experiences at the LAX Marriott Hertz to share?

Also, I’ll be in LA next month where family from across the country will be converging for a graduation, and this is one instance where having a six- or seven-passanger vehicle might be a benefit. But for the dates I’m checking, a minivan is more than three times the rate of a full-size—with seven-passenger SUVs being even more. Is there any way I could upgrade into a minivan for less? Is this a case where using points would make more sense? At these prices, we’d be far better off with two sedans.

And combining the second question with the first: I assume if I was trying to do any sort of upgrading to a minivan, I’d be far better off at LAX than the Marriott counter.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: None
you will not get an upgrade at LAX Marriott. They barely have enough cars to cover their reservations.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Intermediate + Gold Choice booking at LAX for half an hour before your real booking. Cancel the one you don't need.

If there's not a dog-eared 2012 Dodge Caravan waiting for you in GC I'll be amazed.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I have not seen a minivan in Gold Choice at LAX for over a year.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I have to eat my words. Just left Hertz LAX. 4 Dodge Caravan's in GC. They rest, the usual in GC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.