Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz changed Conv to Chrysler 200 from Eclipse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz changed Conv to Chrysler 200 from Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

im scared now that come june there wont be any mustangs and ill have to take a 200 yelp. Wont be happy seeing as I paid more than a PCAR if I get a 200.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Why not try and negotiate a trade or slight upcharge to the Mustang?

Or, why not book something cheaper and Gold Choice your way into a Camaro or negotiate an upgrade to a Mustang?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jason87
im scared now that come june there wont be any mustangs and ill have to take a 200 yelp. Wont be happy seeing as I paid more than a PCAR if I get a 200.
Perhaps you can start another thread if that happens?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Might do.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Hahahaha

OP - in the end, it'll come down the same advice I, and others, have given countless times - rent the lowest class you will take, and hope for the best in negotiating an upgrade. If you must have the Mustang convertible, and only the mustang convertible, then pony up the money and reserve that model. If you don't like the normal PCAR selection, don't reserve the PCAR
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Make two reservations, one for STAR, the other for PCAR, and cancel whichever one you don't use. If none of them produce the car you want, take your business elsewhere.

Originally Posted by jason87
Might do.
Maybe just post your next thread in OMNI

-J.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:33 am

I'm renting a convertible for my honeymoon at the start of June in San Diego. Only thing was that I'm renting from an off airport site so they will most likely have to locate a convertible for me.

I've got that Gold Class membership thing, not that I rent much, but I'm going to phone up a few days before pickup and state its for my honeymoon so would really appreciate a Mustang.

If that doesn't work then I'll drive it to the airport and see if I can swap into a Mustang.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Polarbert
I'm renting a convertible for my honeymoon at the start of June in San Diego. Only thing was that I'm renting from an off airport site so they will most likely have to locate a convertible for me.

I've got that Gold Class membership thing, not that I rent much, but I'm going to phone up a few days before pickup and state its for my honeymoon so would really appreciate a Mustang.

If that doesn't work then I'll drive it to the airport and see if I can swap into a Mustang.
While it sounds like it'll help to contact the HLE beforehand, there isn't much that the HLE can do in terms of getting a specific car from what I understand - A HLE manager told me that they request x ICAR's, Y FCAR's, etc and the airport gives them whatever - usually the more beat up, high mileage cars - Although that isn't always the case as I have gotten a 2014 Camry SE with something like 2k or 3k on it from a [larger] HLE location - Just be prepared to go into the airport with a reason for the swap as they don't seem to particularly like having an extra car to "clean" :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.