Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Triple Points Promotion - Feb 1 through April 15, 2014 - registration required

Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Rut Dog
http://hertztriplepoints.com/Triple2014
Print Wikipost

Triple Points Promotion - Feb 1 through April 15, 2014 - registration required

Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
My XM was not so I would figure no extras.
Oh well.. It would have been a nice bonus since I usually end up returning a car right after a 400-ish mile trip and always use the gas option anyways
Old Mar 1, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CTNYC
So anyone figure out if the extras (i.e. gas option) are tripled as well?
My LIS was tripled. Points are typically based off the base rental plus extras, excluding any taxes/facility fees.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
My LIS was tripled. Points are typically based off the base rental plus extras, excluding any taxes/facility fees.
hmm... hopefully my gas prepayment gets triple points as well
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
My birthday bonus tripled. Just got 1396 points for a $142.80 base rate - after discounts before taxes & fees - at FLL. I had no extras for my 7 day rental.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I was expecting not to get my triple points like usual, but looks like I got my triple points from my last couple rentals.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by ijgordon
How long was your rental? If it was under 48.00 hours, it will not post automatically (nor at all), and you'll need to contact Hertz and plead with them...
This. Confirmed no bonus auto-posts unless over 48 hours "out". I had 5 rentals in February and only the one that was "out" for over 48 hours automatically posted. Of the remaining 4 rentals:
  • 1 rental for 1 day 2 hours (no bonus per promo T&C)
  • 3 rentals all for over 1 day + 4 hours but under 48 hours (shows on receipt as 2 days, no extra hours)

Live chat agent told me to call Gold Plus service to request adjustment at 1-888-999-4900 - 7A-7P M-F.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:08 pm

I got triple points for FEB for the multi month rental car I currently have.
Picked the car up in JAN and signed up for the promotion afterwards.

Nice
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:12 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by gloobnib

Live chat agent told me to call Gold Plus service to request adjustment at 1-888-999-4900 - 7A-7P M-F.
I did this last night and was able to get an immediate corrected posting to my account by the Gold Plus desk. I had two two-day rentals of >48 hours.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I did this last night and was able to get an immediate corrected posting to my account by the Gold Plus desk. I had two two-day rentals of >48 hours.
Just called and was told that the official Hertz position was "Minimum of 48 hours keep". I pointed out my receipts all say "2 days" and was told that what was charged and the promo terms are separate issues. I quoted promo terms of "Minimum 2 day rental" says nothing about 48 hours, and again, my receipts say "2 days" of rental. She wasn't budging; she also said that Hertz is going to issue a statement to clarify terms going forward.

Hang up, call back, got a nice lady who was able to credit me points for the last of the 3 missing rentals. Apparently I made the first 2 reservations in late January before I had registered for the promo. She quoted exact dates that I made the reservations that sounded plausible, so I couldn't dispute it further. I can accept that (even though I think it is stupid to make me cancel and re-create reservations).

Will be interesting to see if they give me credit for the car I have right now that I will have kept for 45 hours when I turn it in tomorrow.

Anyway - Moral: hang up, call back.

Gloob
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by CalItalian
My birthday bonus tripled. Just got 1396 points for a $142.80 base rate - after discounts before taxes & fees - at FLL. I had no extras for my 7 day rental.
That is next level lucky!

I am earning so many GP due to this promo and extending rentals left and right with cheap extension rates... Only spending $200 to earn enough for a free day that usually costs around $130 is amazing value, especially when you need to rent anyways. Also nice driving every different car make/model and knowing what you like/dislike
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
<48hr rental (but 2 day charge.)
No auto "triple."
Sent an email and agent manually adjusted it with an apology.
Thanks Hertz!
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Gold, Emirates Gold
Non-USA

I saw this promo on the UK website, but there is no registration for Non-US, as I tried the link, but it said US only.

Anyone have experience of this i.e non-US is auto enrolled ?

My trips are next week, so suppose I could find out then, but better to know before hand.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by mrkymark
<48hr rental (but 2 day charge.)
No auto "triple."
Sent an email and agent manually adjusted it with an apology.
Thanks Hertz!
Which email did you send to? I have about 7 of these that havent posted triple.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:46 am

What email did you send request to?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:14 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
My 2 month rental started and closed within the promo period.. $1338 rate gave a cool 5000 points.. sweet..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.