Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Triple Points Promotion - Feb 1 through April 15, 2014 - registration required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Rut Dog
http://hertztriplepoints.com/Triple2014
Print Wikipost

Triple Points Promotion - Feb 1 through April 15, 2014 - registration required

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just had my rental post and its all correct. Picked up on Feb 1 for 2 weeks. Got a nice chunk of points with the bonus ^
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by CTNYC
I just did a web chat for my triple points on the 3 rentals I had during the promo, and was told that they should post 10 days after returning the car
This is just a CSR pulling a number out of thin air. As has been reported, they post immediately.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Rut Dog
This is just a CSR pulling a number out of thin air. As has been reported, they post immediately.
The T&C does say up to 10 days to post, but I reread the T&Cs and found I needed a minimum 2 day keep (I only kept it 1 day) oh well.. I have about a bunch of 2+ day reservations coming up before the promo ends
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:53 pm

Are extras (specifically the prepaid gas option) included for triple points?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Southwest A-List, Hertz 5*
I just did a web chat for my triple points on the 3 rentals I had during the promo, and was told that they should post 10 days after returning the car
Originally Posted by ijgordon
…yes, they post instantly.
Seems our experiences vary. I registered for this promotion as soon as it opened and had a rental at LAX beginning 2/2—triple points still haven’t posted.

I did an online chat with a Hertz representative and was told that three weeks was the time frame for posting.

Me: I have a question about my Gold Plus account. I’m registered for the triple points promotion, but they’re not posting to my account.
Terry P: The extra points takes 3 weeks to apply on the account.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by briantroutman
Seems our experiences vary. I registered for this promotion as soon as it opened and had a rental at LAX beginning 2/2—triple points still haven’t posted.

I did an online chat with a Hertz representative and was told that three weeks was the time frame for posting.
The majority of my rentals are at LAX. Both of my triple point reservations this month at LAX posted instantly. The Hertz rep doesn't know what they are talking about.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Rut Dog
The T&C does say up to 10 days to post
Originally Posted by CalItalian
The majority of my rentals are at LAX. Both of my triple point reservations this month at LAX posted instantly. The Hertz rep doesn't know what they are talking about.
Indeed the T&C does say 10 days:
When will points appear in my account?
The rental bonus points will appear up to 10 business days from the rental return.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
With previous promotions my rental would post and then the promo some time (up to a couple weeks) later. This one was at the same time as the rental posted.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
With previous promotions my rental would post and then the promo some time (up to a couple weeks) later. This one was at the same time as the rental posted.
I think we may have finally hit on an IT improvement at Hertz!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone had any joy with UK-reg accounts?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long was your rental? If it was under 48.00 hours, it will not post automatically (nor at all), and you'll need to contact Hertz and plead with them...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Southwest A-List, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ijgordon
How long was your rental? If it was under 48.00 hours, it will not post automatically (nor at all), and you'll need to contact Hertz and plead with them...
Just had another two-day rental this past weekend and my receipt shows only straight points. But it was less than 48.00 hours even though it was two days (and I was charged for two days). I’ll have to give them a call.

At least I got upgraded: Instead of the ICAR "Corolla or similar” I reserved, I was happy to get my Carfirmation and see an XTAR Camaro Convertible. On a sunny 78° day in LA...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Just had another two-day rental this past weekend and my receipt shows only straight points. But it was less than 48.00 hours even though it was two days (and I was charged for two days). I’ll have to give them a call.

At least I got upgraded: Instead of the ICAR "Corolla or similar” I reserved, I was happy to get my Carfirmation and see an XTAR Camaro Convertible. On a sunny 78° day in LA...
SWEET! ^
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:15 pm

So anyone figure out if the extras (i.e. gas option) are tripled as well?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
So anyone figure out if the extras (i.e. gas option) are tripled as well?
My XM was not so I would figure no extras.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.