Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs/Partners > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 9, 13, 11:06 pm   #1
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
Prepaid reservation, no points after?

Hi,

I had 3 recent Hertz reservation that I've prepaid upfront. It has been a few days since and my Gold Profile shows the reservation, but with 0 points being earned instead of the 3x September Promo.

Is this because I prepaid or something wrong with their system?
SLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 13, 1:52 am   #2

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
there have been several recent threads on this topic.......... it would seem that Hertz still have system problems and points are not always (ever?) being automatically credited.

You need to call or email to ask to have them posted to your account.
Red Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 13, 4:23 pm   #3
Used to be 'jzweighaft'

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (KM/FO), JetBlue TrueBlue, Hertz #1 Gold (5*), Club Carlson, Greyhound Road Rewards
Thumbs down

I just got this in an email, following me filling out the retroactive credit request form and some brief correspondence:

Quote:
According to our system, you used a voucher number IT ITVSTPTE for rental #########-MM.DD.YY. This particular IT# is excluded from receiving any Hertz Gold Plus Reward points on the rental. A voucher or tour package purchased or redeemed from a travel agent or other agency, or website that provides discounted or special rates does not qualify for frequent traveler credit.
That rental would have only earned me 13 points (plus the 5* bonus I guess), so no big deal. However, I have a two-day rental this weekend for which, combined with the triple points promo, I was expecting a nice sum of points, so I must say I am disappointed. I did follow up to that email explaining I booked on Hertz.com etc., but I'm not getting my hopes up.

On the bright side, I filed the request on Monday, received an automated rejection response last night and emailed the generic 1awards@hertz.com address, and got a response from an actual person today. That sure was quick

-J.
Old Sep 12, 13, 4:28 pm   #4

Prepaid rates on Hertz.com should be fine. Third party prepaids are not.
TerryK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 13, 4:25 am   #5

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, ++
Guys, can you help me here please.
I am a #1 FiveStar member and usually rent from hertz.com on a prepaid rate. 5, yes 5 of my bookings this year appear online with 0 points.
I have tried claiming the point using the online function but in each case the request comes back that points were already credited.
So, I replied to the email address in those rejections (1awards@hertz.com), only to receive a standard response of "If you need to claim missing points, do this using the online form"
So, the computerised run-around,
Who can I call, I don't see any phone numbers on their website, it's all so impersonal and distant. Pi$$es me off!
Tafflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 13, 9:15 am   #6

Programs: LH 1*SEN
On hertz.com: how can I do a normal reservation, not a pre paid one? For the car I want, only a pre paid rate is displayed
flylocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 13, 5:46 am   #7

Programs: LH 1*SEN
And another question: If I cancel a prepaid reservation, is the cash immediately refunded, or is it some effort to get the money back?
flylocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 13, 12:16 pm   #8

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold 5*, United,Virgin and AA
Whenever I have cancelled a pre paid I have always had the refund credited to my credit card and it has always shown within a couple of days -
Old Nov 25, 13, 12:20 pm   #9

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold 5*, United,Virgin and AA
As for the points I had a pre paid last week at MIA - Yukon/Tahoe for 1 day and got 6 points for the sat radio cost - however also got 400 bonus points for some reason = however due to the improved rates for pre paid you do not get points. so see what the difference is between pre pay or pay at location before deciding on the pre pay rate - sometimes the difference is small so not worth losing the points etc
Old Nov 29, 13, 10:29 am   #10

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Prepaid rates on Hertz.com should be fine. Third party prepaids are not.
Any idea how to convince Hertz of this? I got the same email as jzweighaft, having also booked on Hertz.com but I am still getting the brush off after I pointed out that I booked on hertz.com.
louie-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 13, 10:31 am   #11
Used to be 'jzweighaft'

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (KM/FO), JetBlue TrueBlue, Hertz #1 Gold (5*), Club Carlson, Greyhound Road Rewards
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie-m View Post
Any idea how to convince Hertz of this? I got the same email as jzweighaft, having also booked on Hertz.com but I am still getting the brush off after I pointed out that I booked on hertz.com.
I lost out both times. I recently had another, separate issue but I will request retroactive credit for those as well if I am given the opportunity.

-J.
Old Nov 30, 13, 8:36 pm   #12

Had several arguments with hertz - they refused to give miles but eventually posted points (40 ish so of little interest to me)..
azepine00 is offline   Reply With Quote